Deferral Requests for MPA programs

Diesel2011

Recently I finished a 2 year contract with an INGO overseas, and I planned to begin the MPA in Fall 2011. Yet, I have been offered a 1 year contract with another NGO in South Sudan. On one hand, it is a great opportunity that would allow me to gain more field experience and even save up more money. On the other, I would not be able to begin school this fall.

I have been accepted at LSE, but I have not received a response from any others - and I have to respond to this job offer pretty soon.

I am hoping to attend LSE, Fletcher, or Princeton if I get accepted. Does anyone know how they treat deferral requests? - their websites are ambiguous on this issue. Do you think they would grant a deferral if I took this job?

Recently I finished a 2 year contract with an INGO overseas, and I planned to begin the MPA in Fall 2011. Yet, I have been offered a 1 year contract with another NGO in South Sudan. On one hand, it is a great opportunity that would allow me to gain more field experience and even save up more money. On the other, I would not be able to begin school this fall.

I have been accepted at LSE, but I have not received a response from any others - and I have to respond to this job offer pretty soon.

I am hoping to attend LSE, Fletcher, or Princeton if I get accepted. Does anyone know how they treat deferral requests? - their websites are ambiguous on this issue. Do you think they would grant a deferral if I took this job?

As per the website (http://fletcher.tufts.edu/admissions/policies.shtml) they do entertain deferral on a case by case basis.

For LSE all you need to do is apply for the deferral and you should normally be granted one (though they are absolutely not guaranteed.) They require a deposit of course, though. Here is the form: http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/applicant/howDoI/deferralForm/deferralForm.aspx

I am likely going to have to request deferrals for most of my applications because I am broke. I hope "your tuition alone costs more than I would make in a year" is a good enough reason. ;)