UNC vs Temple

dac112

Ok, so I've been admitted to UNC and Temple (Behavioral Neuroscience). I like both potential PI's and both programs seem good so I'm having a tough time making a decision. I'm from Jersey so Temple is definitely more in my comfort zone geographically speaking and I felt a bit more comfortable with the "attitude" of the grad students in the lab, ie it seems a bit higher pressure/faster paced (I've been working in industry for while and I'm more accustomed to that). Moving to Chapel Hill would definitely be a big change and the attitude of the whole program seems a bit more laid back and relaxed, but the research is a bit more niche and interesting to me. I’m basically weighing Temple, (familiar location, very promising research but out of my primary interest, good click with grad students) vs UNC (great town and surrounding area, research I’m very interested in, but perhaps a bit niche, less of a click with lab but felt pretty comfortable with them). I know UNC is on paper a better school, but I’m thinking that matters very little compared to the work that’s done so I’m not worried about that. Let me know what you think!