Miami University of Ohio

Thanks! Good luck to you as well!

I should clarify since I made a typo. I was told that the SECOND person always gets in. BUT I still stand by my statement that this means that you'll get int, since I'm second and there's a good chance I'll be going to UW.

I just straight up asked where I was on the list. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, and she immidiately told me 'you are second.' I also asked about visiting and they were more than welcoming. So don't be shy! Show that you are very interested and it will be more likely that you will get in I think. I made sure to show I was interested, and if they are one of your top choices, you should tell them so. I don't think Miami is the kind of place that will switch around their waitlist just because you visited, however. But I think showing your very real enthusiasm about the program is better than being silent. Maybe send an email asking about the position on the list, saying you would like to weigh your options realistically. Good luck!