Masters- who has gotten a decision???

PsychGirl1

So I still haven't heard from the 4 Masters programs I've applied to (Drexel, Villanova, BC, BU).

Has anyone else heard a decision (or invited to an interview) from any of the Masters programs they applied to??

I have. Two acceptances and one interview invite out of the 5 masters programs I applied to. I've actually been surprised with how fast they made decisions after the deadlines. Much faster than the doctorate programs I applied to.

I have. Two acceptances and one interview invite out of the 5 masters programs I applied to. I've actually been surprised with how fast they made decisions after the deadlines. Much faster than the doctorate programs I applied to.

When were the deadlines of your school? Were they still Jan 1st?

I applied to 4 master's programs in I/O Psych and have only heard from 1, an acceptance e-mail from University of Tulsa. There are 3 others that I have yet to hear from and it is driving me crazy...

George Mason - deadline Feb. 1st

U of Oklahoma - deadline Jan. 1st

Clemson - deadline Jan. 15th

I'm happy that I haven't received rejection notifications as of yet, but I would almost rather receive a rejection then be hung out to dry like this! Not really, but everyday is a battle. Good luck...

I applied to 4 master's programs in I/O Psych and have only heard from 1, an acceptance e-mail from University of Tulsa. There are 3 others that I have yet to hear from and it is driving me crazy...

George Mason - deadline Feb. 1st

U of Oklahoma - deadline Jan. 1st

Clemson - deadline Jan. 15th

I'm happy that I haven't received rejection notifications as of yet, but I would almost rather receive a rejection then be hung out to dry like this! Not really, but everyday is a battle. Good luck...

It's the worst, isn't it! 3 of my deadlines were March 1st, 1was Feb 1st. I got in all my paperwork by Feb 1st, but they're so slow to process that they've only been complete apps for a week or two. So I know it's too early to be stressed out, but I hate waiting more than anything in the world. I've also been trying to come up with some plan bs in case I don't get into the programs I want, so that's been tough to think about as well :-).

Good luck to you on your other 3 decisions! Congrats on your acceptance to Tulsa.

I just got a call today from Drexel, inviting me to their interview day in April. Fingers crossed that I hear from the other 3 soon!

Sounds promising lisalisa. Good luck to you!

So I still haven't heard from the 4 Masters programs I've applied to (Drexel, Villanova, BC, BU).

Has anyone else heard a decision (or invited to an interview) from any of the Masters programs they applied to??

Out of the 8 Masters Programs I applied to (for School Psychology) I have had 3 interviews. I hate this waiting game! I got interviews to Fordham, Touro, and Seton Hall.

Out of the 8 Masters Programs I applied to (for School Psychology) I have had 3 interviews. I hate this waiting game! I got interviews to Fordham, Touro, and Seton Hall.

Congrats! I'm still waiting on the other 3 schools I applied for. :-/

I have received an offer from Claremont, a phone interview with Wake Forest, and I'm still waiting to hear from BC, William & Mary, and Villanova.

I am also thinking that Villanova's might be later than others considering they have such a late deadline date (March 1)?

I have received an offer from Claremont, a phone interview with Wake Forest, and I'm still waiting to hear from BC, William & Mary, and Villanova.

I am also thinking that Villanova's might be later than others considering they have such a late deadline date (March 1)?

Congrats on Claremont & Wake Forest!

Villanova is rolling, so I think they do give (and have given) some acceptances along the way but make all financial decisions mid-March. BC was February 1st and I haven't heard from them either (I was nervous about that, so I'm glad you haven't either! They are slow.). BU and Drexel were also March 1st, but I've already heard back from Drexel about their interview day.

PS I called BC yesterday and they said they send out offers out through May, although some decisions (both ways) are slowly going out.

I just heard from American university, they sent an email saying I was accepted (unexpected because I did not have an interview). I am still waiting on CSULB, Wake, and W&M... haven't heard anything from these schools yet either. Is it typical to be accepted to a MA program without an interview?

Also... my American acceptance email didn't mention funding. Does this mean I'm not getting any...? I know that a lot of MA programs are unfunded, but I really don't think getting myself into $100k of debt for a MA degree is a good idea....

I just heard from American university, they sent an email saying I was accepted (unexpected because I did not have an interview). I am still waiting on CSULB, Wake, and W&M... haven't heard anything from these schools yet either. Is it typical to be accepted to a MA program without an interview?

Also... my American acceptance email didn't mention funding. Does this mean I'm not getting any...? I know that a lot of MA programs are unfunded, but I really don't think getting myself into $100k of debt for a MA degree is a good idea....

I applied to 4 schools- 2 do interviews and 2 do not. So I'd visit the website for each program (or contact them) and ask about interviews.

You should be able to find out if American does funding for Masters students on their website.

Update: got waitlisted for WFU and W&M, and after inspection of my Claremont letter realized I received a small scholarship but no funding, which barely makes a dent in the $24000 a semester tuition, yikes. :(

Still waiting on BC and Villanova, and I applied to the psychology master's program at University of North Florida as well, which isn't really funded but at least I am eligible for in-state tuition.

Update: got waitlisted for WFU and W&M, and after inspection of my Claremont letter realized I received a small scholarship but no funding, which barely makes a dent in the $24000 a semester tuition, yikes. :(

Still waiting on BC and Villanova, and I applied to the psychology master's program at University of North Florida as well, which isn't really funded but at least I am eligible for in-state tuition.

Congrats on the scholarship, though!

I'm still waiting on BC and Nova as well... good luck!

I got rejected from BC today :-(. Boo! I thought I had a good chance because I went to a strong undergrad institution (MIT), did relatively well on my GREs (800 quant, 5.5 writing, 620 verbal) and have a pretty unique background (worked in the corporate world as an analyst, now in research doing coordinator/data work). And it's a Masters program, geesh! Not even a PhD :-). But I'm okay with it, because to be honest, their research interests didn't match mine too well (not that they knew that, hopefully) and I know I'll have a good number of other options. Good luck to everyone else applying! People who get in must be superstars! :-)

Hey everyone,

I didn't read all the posts, but just skimmed.

In response to the original poster, I heard back from BC yesterday. They sent me a thin envelope in the mail... Not sure if it's BU or BC, but one of them doesn't give decisions through phone or email, so applicants have to wait via snail mail. What year are we in?

In response to those asking about Wake Forest, I've heard back from them already as well; Last Wednesday, to be exact.

Best of luck to everyone!

I was accepted into the Master's program for Developmental/Educational Psych at BC in February. Good luck!