Any update on University of Oxford College Admission?

Fred Lau

Hey guys!

I am kind of freaking out since the website of Oxford says for the first round applicants (the deadline was back in November 2010), the college placement decision is expected to come out on March 3, 2011 but I have not heard from them yet.

I got my admission letter to the programme more than 2 months ago. I did not indicate college preferences on my application form. Is it because they are coordinating college placement with scholarship selection? For the University of Oxford, does information on scholarship, if I get any, usually come with college admission letter?

Just can anybody tell me about the dynamics of college placement and scholarship at Oxford?

Thanks very much!

Hey guys!

I am kind of freaking out since the website of Oxford says for the first round applicants (the deadline was back in November 2010), the college placement decision is expected to come out on March 3, 2011 but I have not heard from them yet.

I got my admission letter to the programme more than 2 months ago. I did not indicate college preferences on my application form. Is it because they are coordinating college placement with scholarship selection? For the University of Oxford, does information on scholarship, if I get any, usually come with college admission letter?

Just can anybody tell me about the dynamics of college placement and scholarship at Oxford?

Thanks very much!

any thing to share?

i'm waiting too. i believe applicants are notified within two weeks of that date at the latest. other than that, if you're American like me, unless we are fortunate enough to have the college pick up living expenses and college fees or get the Clarendon, it will most likely be all loans.

i'm waiting too. i believe applicants are notified within two weeks of that date at the latest. other than that, if you're American like me, unless we are fortunate enough to have the college pick up living expenses and college fees or get the Clarendon, it will most likely be all loans.

Hi new Mexico ( are you from the state of new Mexico)? I have contacted the graduate admission office and they say the office or the department even has little to do on this. I guess we should wait but hope it will come early with good news

I haven't heard from them in two months either. College decision should come very soon. All the best to you!

Hey Bukharan! Thanks and good luck with all your applications and the funding! Plus your 'admitted' list is really impressive :)