UGA

meo03

looks like the first news from UGa has reached the results page. Congrats to the lucky Americanist!

This of course means I will be all the more vigilant about checking the mail tomorrow.

Haha, I just posted in the It Has Begun thread about it. Guess it wasn't you.

And truth about the mail. Although the results page isn't too clear whether MA and PhD are sent out around the same time.

Edited by Kelkel

Haha, I just posted in the It Has Begun thread about it. Guess it wasn't you.

And truth about the mail. Although the results page it's too clear whether MA and PhD are sent out around the same time.

I'm not great with statistics, which might be why I keep getting rejected by PhD programs to whom I market myself as a political historian, but the results page doesn't really lead me to any sort of generalized conclusion about when UGa notifies.

What I do know is that my mail is delivered-- without fail-- around 2-2:30 every afternoon.

I also know that mine is delivered around 11-12 and I've been coming home during that time everyday for two weeks to calm my nerves. So far I've only gotten one piece of mail that caused a mild heart episode. Too bad it was only a letter informing me that I had successfully run out a scholarship.

I also thought of a new system that would come in handy. A database about the pieces of mail you should be expecting. Sorta like package tracking, but mostly "hey you should be expecting a letter from x location!" Oh the things you think of the moments before you fall asleep.

I just got my acceptance letter. Literally my first and now I will breathe a huge exhale of relief. The letter is dated March 2, 2011 and I just got it today, so...not sure if/when they send out results for MA/PhD. It doesn't say anything about funding yet in the letter but hopefully that info comes in soon. I've always come from sort of second tier institutions (B.A.–Univ. of North Texas, M.A.–Univ. of Houston) so getting a letter from UGA is flattering. I'm glad they at least let me in, funding or not. Best of luck to all, I'm sure letters will be trickling in over the next few weeks!

I just got my acceptance letter. Literally my first and now I will breathe a huge exhale of relief. The letter is dated March 2, 2011 and I just got it today, so...not sure if/when they send out results for MA/PhD. It doesn't say anything about funding yet in the letter but hopefully that info comes in soon. I've always come from sort of second tier institutions (B.A.–Univ. of North Texas, M.A.–Univ. of Houston) so getting a letter from UGA is flattering. I'm glad they at least let me in, funding or not. Best of luck to all, I'm sure letters will be trickling in over the next few weeks!

Congrats near by Texan friend! (Assuming you're a Texan and not just one there for school). Random question: has anything changed on the application check page? I keep staring at the "decision pending" even though I feel like it might not be updated quickly since decisions are sent by post.

Hopefully you hear about funding soon. I've been waiting to hear since Jan. from one school. It's a pain, but exciting to have at least one yes!

Congrats near by Texan friend! (Assuming you're a Texan and not just one there for school). Random question: has anything changed on the application check page? I keep staring at the "decision pending" even though I feel like it might not be updated quickly since decisions are sent by post.

Hopefully you hear about funding soon. I've been waiting to hear since Jan. from one school. It's a pain, but exciting to have at least one yes!

I am indeed a Native Texan and also am at UH for school. The application page still says the same as before the letter arrived: "Grad School Status: Domestic Ready for Decision," "Department Status: File Complete; decision pending." I'm sure that letters are on the way or in the process of being mailed and they have yet to update the website.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this up since there was a new decision.

If you see this, person who was rejected (sorryyyy): Did you email them or was the email you received unsolicited?