UCSD Sociology - Fall 2011

jamart24

Hi everyone - I was just curious whether or not anyone has decided to attend UCSD this fall? I will most likely be there and am interested in seeing whether or not any of you are also planning to attend.

If so, what are your research interests and which professors are you hoping to work with?

Hi everyone - I was just curious whether or not anyone has decided to attend UCSD this fall? I will most likely be there and am interested in seeing whether or not any of you are also planning to attend.

If so, what are your research interests and which professors are you hoping to work with?

I received the rej from JHU today...:(

so...I'll probably be there...

my research field is labor, I'm happy J.Haydu and R.Biernacki are both there,

and my professor also acquainted with Isaac Martin and highly recommend him.

(they are classmates during grad periods in berkeley)

And you? which faculty do you interest or have contacted?

I received the rej from JHU today...:(

so...I'll probably be there...

my research field is labor, I'm happy J.Haydu and R.Biernacki are both there,

and my professor also acquainted with Isaac Martin and highly recommend him.

(they are classmates during grad periods in berkeley)

And you? which faculty do you interest or have contacted?

I am hoping to study sociology of sexuality, culture, or religion. I haven't been able to narrow it down to just one field. Those are my top three areas of interest. I've spoken with Harvey Goldman (culture and sociological theory) and John Evans (religion) at UCSD. They are both very encouraging and seem to really want to work with me. I'm also looking at contacting Rebecca Klatch (gender and sexuality). I haven't been able to reach her yet so I am hoping to hear from her before the open house. Will you be there?

And I'm sorry you didn't get into JHU, but UCSD is an amazing campus and the program is great. I live very close to the school so I've done a lot of research on the university.