University of Pittsburgh

plop23

I have not been to Pittsburgh before. I am an international student. Pittsburgh was rated the "Most Livable American City" by The Economist in 2009. It should be great there. Did you get your Master's or PhD admission?

I have not been to Pittsburgh before. I am an international student. Pittsburgh was rated the "Most Livable American City" by The Economist in 2009. It should be great there. Did you get your Master's or PhD admission?

Yes, i got my Phd admission on early February.

I am not yet admitted to GSPIA, but I am visiting on Monday. I emailed to make appts with the enrollment counselor and some of the top profs and they got back to me right away. If for some reason I am actually rejected, I'm going to be mad that they were so nice to me! I decided to apply to Pittsburgh instead of one of the DC schools because I LOVE the city of Pittsburgh. It's got the industrial past that I love but seemed so vibrant when I visited briefly last year. Really hip, but not pretentious.

I am not yet admitted to GSPIA, but I am visiting on Monday. I emailed to make appts with the enrollment counselor and some of the top profs and they got back to me right away. If for some reason I am actually rejected, I'm going to be mad that they were so nice to me! I decided to apply to Pittsburgh instead of one of the DC schools because I LOVE the city of Pittsburgh. It's got the industrial past that I love but seemed so vibrant when I visited briefly last year. Really hip, but not pretentious.

Hi StellaHaiti2:

Great to know that you are visiting the campus. All the best. I will be curious to know how it turns out. I am sure it will be fine. I have applied for GSPIA PhD and just keeping my fingers crossed as the results have started coming out to others. This week will be crucial. You made a good choice of Pittsburgh, keep posted on the developments :)

Thanks, Sashi. Yes, I got an A&S Fellowship.

Hi Plop23,

That is fantastic. I hope to converse with you regarding housing and travel at Pitt. Will let you know in a week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...