How long for a decision

jordanami

Just wondering if anyone has experience in waiting for a decision from any rolling admissions programs, like University of Pittsburgh, or programs with soft deadlines, like University of South Carolina. My SC app was submitted in early February, and I'm just thinking of applying to U Pitt now. I'm getting a little frustrated/worried that I haven't received a response from any of the other programs I've applied to yet. The first program I applied to, submitted 1/3, said they planned to have an admissions decision by the first week of March, but I haven't heard yet, and an email to the department yesterday still has not been returned.... I'm starting to feel like I need to put a couple more apps out there just in case. Also, if anyone has any experience with receiving/not receiving funding when applying a little later in the season, I'm curious about that as well. Thanks!

I'm still waiting to hear from 4 of the 5 programs I initially applied to back in January. The anxiety is killing me. I decided to apply to Pitt when I learned that the deadline had been extended, and they received my application on March 4...so let the waiting begin. You are not alone.

Edited by mogget

Community and behavioral health DrPH for me. Did you apply to an infectious disease program with them?

Just curious, but what specific programs at Pitt are you both interested in?

Yup, and am apparently wait listed. I'm trying to decide whether or not to wait it out or just accept another offer that I really like.

As far as decisions go, I only got the official notification from Pitt yesterday and turned in everything by Jan 3. It sounds like the funding in the department is much tighter than usual and is making decisions much harder. That could well be the case throughout the entire school. Also, it seems like all the departments are on completely different timetables. Did you check the department websites carefully? The IDM site had a vague time line for decisions on it. Unless you know that acceptances have gone out for your department, I wouldn't worry too much yet!

Have either of you visited Pitt? If so, any general opinions or impressions you'd like to share?

I heard back from Pitt (BCHS MPH) and Michigan (HBHE MPH) the week after my apps were recieved. All the literature said to expect a decision 4-6 weeks later though .

I visited Pitt last summer and fell in love! It's certainly a small city/big town if you're coming from an urban area.

This website might be helpful: http://www.city-data.com/forum/

I haven't visited. I have lots of family in the area, so I have grown up hearing about Pitt.