SLAIS-UBC? Anyone applied there

Weepsie

Pretty much as the title says. Anyone applied there or know of anyone who went there. Looks like it has plenty of variety and a solid reputation from what I gather.

My spouse applied to UBC's SLAIS program and was accepted, and will probably be accepting their offer. Like you say, it is a solid program and I hear it has a great reputation.

Cheers for the reply. I've essentially got a place at home in Ireland for me to do a similar course, but it has fewer options and is almost entirely IT centred where as UBC, while being 6000 miles or so from home just seems far too impressive should I get the chance. I feel I may have messed up my application somewhat though and may not get it though.

• 2 weeks later...

as the acceptances place was been taken over by us applying to UBC I figured it best to bump this one up. I'm leaning towards going for it and accepting the january place. there are several reasons. It would give me an extra four months to get money together in which I think i could get maybe the 2000 or 3000 that id need to survive, maybe even more. It would give me more time to prepare for the course and considering I'm making some connection through this site and another I could probably access reading lists etc early and acquaint myself with the texts! I'd be able to spend more time with the family and friends too, and as an international student there was the prospect of having a christmas in BC on my own (though i know a few over there), the stress of flying home at christmas (and given the weather here this year that might be impossible). Goiing in january would avoid all this.

The flip side is, that should something happen and I didnt get the money together I'd be left in a bad situation, though I'd still have a good bit of money. I'd also be spending the next 8 months indoors, avoiding fun and entertainment like the plague!