U. Illinois at Chicago 2011

Zues

I still havent heard anything from UIC. No acceptance, wait list, or rejection. Does anyone have any information about the time table they are working on. Its pretty late in the season and and Im just looking for any new info anyone may have.

I still havent heard anything from UIC. No acceptance, wait list, or rejection. Does anyone have any information about the time table they are working on. Its pretty late in the season and and Im just looking for any new info anyone may have.

The recruitment day is March 18th.

I emailed the DGS a few days ago but havent heard back yet. The wait continues.

I emailed probably 2 weeks ago (at least) and never heard back.

Note that if you are emailing Sharon Collins, she is no longer the director. Anna Guevarra is the new Sociology director of graduate studies.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by the department a couple of days ago that admissions decisions have not yet been finalized. They also said that they would be completing the process over the next few weeks and send notifications via email and postal. Anyone heard anything else. I assume they are waiting on the first rounders to either accept or decline.

Anybody who has been accepted made a decision yet?

I was told by the department a couple of days ago that admissions decisions have not yet been finalized. They also said that they would be completing the process over the next few weeks and send notifications via email and postal. Anyone heard anything else. I assume they are waiting on the first rounders to either accept or decline.

Anybody who has been accepted made a decision yet?

I'm going there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am on the waiting list and hoping for an opening!

Have you heard anything from UIC? I was also waitlisted and I have not received any update. I emailed the DGS but no response. I assume that it's over at this point but I wish I had formal notification.