Oxford Msc in Applied Statistics vs UChicago Msc in Statistics

marapl

Hey guys,

I received ADs from these two programs, and hope you guys can give me some advices regarding choosing the university.

Both programs are course based, and are required to complete a project to graduate.

I hope to get some inputs from you guys in terms of which one is better for statistics, career and etc.

Thanks a lot.

Hey guys,

I received ADs from these two programs, and hope you guys can give me some advices regarding choosing the university.

Both programs are course based, and are required to complete a project to graduate.

I hope to get some inputs from you guys in terms of which one is better for statistics, career and etc.

Thanks a lot.

I was actually thinking of asking this same question myself. i got an admit from Oxford for the same program, havent heard back from chicago yet but would be considering it if i got in. When did you hear from chicago?

I was actually thinking of asking this same question myself. i got an admit from Oxford for the same program, havent heard back from chicago yet but would be considering it if i got in. When did you hear from chicago?

I second this request to know how you found out about your decision from the University of Chicago because all I received was an email last week claiming they need more time to review applicants.

I actually received an admit from Chicago as well, so now im really interested in this debate. Any students at either university want to weigh in. Also anyone on here going to either one of these schools. My ultimate goal is to obtain a PHd so which one program looks best?

I will be turning down my offer from UC for a PhD offer from Ohio State.

That said, my sense is that the MSc program at UC is a better option for PhD prep than the App Stat program at Oxford. The Oxford program seems to be more of a professional degree program whereas almost half the students coming out of the UC program end up going on.