57 members have voted

1. 1. Which degree did you apply for?

• M.A. in Arab Studies
    • M.A. in German & European Studies
    • M.A. in Latin American Studies
    • M.A. Russian, Eurasian & East European Studies
    • M.A. in Security Studies
    • M.S. in Foreign Service

I could not imagine something worse than rejection but, being asked to defer admission for one year by my director due to heavy work load hurted far more than a possible rejection. And i highly doubt that they would grant me deferral in this case. Things have just been much harder now.

Thanks for the link! I just tried calling and no one was picking up, I'm going to try again later in the day. For better or for worse, I just want to know the decision! :\

I guess I was impatient- got my results in the mail today. Waiting season is over for me!

Congratulations to everyone who got in, and to everyone who's still waiting I wish you the best of luck!! <3

has anyone been accepted since that initial email went out?

i haven't heard anything at all from gtown yet - not even a snail mail rejection and i live in DC

I haven't heard anything either. It's really annoying. I tried calling today but nobody picked up. Does anyone have a legitimate explanation for why it is good policy for a school to spread out admissions decisions this way? It seems totally unprofessional to me...

Hi, I got an acceptance email this morning from MSFS--seems like a week after everyone else. Has anyone that received their emails last week received funding?

Congratulations! I believe they said they were going to send out admissions packets with funding information on Monday of this week. I'm on the west coast, so I'll be waiting awhile.

I still haven't heard so I emailed their admissions dept. They say that they haven't yet come to a final decision on my application, and that they expect to find a decision by this Friday. They also confirmed that they send all decisions by snail mail, with additional e-mails for acceptances.

Hi, I got an acceptance email this morning from MSFS--seems like a week after everyone else. Has anyone that received their emails last week received funding?

Just got the email with the funding decision -- I'm on the scholarship waitlist, apparently, and will hear back after April 21st (and before the May 1st acceptance deadline) if I get bumped. They also said admissions packets should be going out this week, to arrive by the end of next week at the latest.

I just got an email too.... I'm not even on the waitlist for a scholarship. Disappointing.

Ditto -- no scholarship for me either. Sort of frustrating actually. I need to find out if they really expect dual degree candidates to pay the higher tuition all three years, that seems a little crazy to me.

I also just received a half tuition scholarship - very excited! GT now becomes a potentially viable option... For your info, the info was emailed and said that snail mail packs are going out this week. Good luck for those of you on the waitlist.