Master's Journalism

angelikeme

Hi, has anyone heard from Columbia's journalism school for their MA programme? The application site says results will be posted mid-March, but i haven't heard from them, and my application is 'still under review'. I'm going crazy.

Oh my god... my status has changed and now doesn't say "under review" anymore, but "application complete"...

I am quite sure that I'll be rejected - so I don't have high hopes or expectations. But I just really want to know right now.

Since my notification always takes way longer than others (due to Fulbright) - please let me know if someone here receives an e-mail or something. Thanks!

PS: I don't know if you know this site... but http://www.journalism.columbia.edu/page/155-newly-admitted-students/488

One doctoral student from outside the US. That can't be me. But please tell me finally....

Edited by Kathiza

Oh my god... my status has changed and now doesn't say "under review" anymore, but "application complete"...

I am quite sure that I'll be rejected - so I don't have high hopes or expectations. But I just really want to know right now.

Since my notification always takes way longer than others (due to Fulbright) - please let me know if someone here receives an e-mail or something. Thanks!

PS: I don't know if you know this site... but http://www.journalis...ed-students/488

One doctoral student from outside the US. That can't be me. But please tell me finally....

you're right. my status has also changed to 'application complete'. how long do you think it will take for them to us let know? fingers crossed, i guess. let me know if you hear from them, and i'll do the same.

PS: I don't know if you know this site... but http://www.journalis...ed-students/488

Applied for the MS program -- my application status has changed as well, but no word yet. I'm wondering if that link/newly admitted student body profile is for the Class of 2011?

Applied for the MS program -- my application status has changed as well, but no word yet. I'm wondering if that link/newly admitted student body profile is for the Class of 2011?

the link was for the newly admitted students of 2010.

the link was for the newly admitted students of 2010.

There is new content on the site for newly admitted students. It was empty a week ago and a couple of days ago they put online the new content. I didn't really read it until last night. So yes, this link (http://www.journalis...ed-students/488) is for the students of 2011 - because it's the new content.

Edit: Oh, you're right.... BUT: The site was empty, then it was with new content (and class overview - I read it yesterday) and today all the new content is still on there but the class overview is gone. So maybe they just copy-pasted the content from last year including the class overview and forgot to replace it with the new class info.... (I hope you get what I want to say.... I've had class all day and I'm extremely tired...)

Edited by Kathiza

There is new content on the site for newly admitted students. It was empty a week ago and a couple of days ago they put online the new content. I didn't really read it until last night. So yes, this link (http://www.journalis...ed-students/488) is for the students of 2011 - because it's the new content.

Edit: Oh, you're right.... BUT: The site was empty, then it was with new content (and class overview - I read it yesterday) and today all the new content is still on there but the class overview is gone. So maybe they just copy-pasted the content from last year including the class overview and forgot to replace it with the new class info.... (I hope you get what I want to say.... I've had class all day and I'm extremely tired...)

I get what you're saying. the new link that you sent me gives the dates for 2011. but i don't think they're going to put up the class overview until offer letters are sent out. i don't think i'm going to get in, but i want the waiting to end

Yes, same here... I basically KNOW that I won't get in. My GRE scores are really not that great at all and I don't have a 4.0 GPA. But let's see... I just want it to be over...

I saw that your location is "Columbia" - are you at Mizzou? If so, would you mind PMing me and telling me a little bit about how you like it there, what the school/profs are like, how you like living in Columbia etc? I applied to Mizzou and even though I haven't heard from them yet, I really hope to get in. It's practically the perfect fit for me...

So I am very confused. I applied for Broadcast at Columbia, and got into Magazine. I wonder if they made a mistake or if that transfer was intentional.

I also received admission to Stanford, NYU, and Northwestern. I haven't visited Stanford yet, but I am leaning there at the moment.

Thoughts on Columbia? It's been my dream school since sophomore year of high school, but now I'm not so certain. $76,000 in loans is a lot for a concentration not of interest to me.

So I am very confused. I applied for Broadcast at Columbia, and got into Magazine. I wonder if they made a mistake or if that transfer was intentional.

I also received admission to Stanford, NYU, and Northwestern. I haven't visited Stanford yet, but I am leaning there at the moment.

Thoughts on Columbia? It's been my dream school since sophomore year of high school, but now I'm not so certain. $76,000 in loans is a lot for a concentration not of interest to me.

The same thing happened to me - applied to Broadcast but accepted to Magazine. I'm confused and a little worried. I'm hoping it's a typo...I e-mailed them, so hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow.

Has anyone applied for the Cultural Reporting and Criticism program at NYU? I still haven't heard from them and I'm getting a little worried considering that most people have already heard back from NYU.

Has anyone applied for the Cultural Reporting and Criticism program at NYU? I still haven't heard from them and I'm getting a little worried considering that most people have already heard back from NYU.

I'm in the same boat, glad to see someone else worrying like me. :) I applied for the Literary Reportage program at NYU and haven't heard back either, so I think certain programs are just getting back to people slower than others.

A similar thing happened to me, I applied as a full time newspaper concentration and was accepted as a part-time student...Anyone else get this problem, is it just a typo?

The same thing happened to me - applied to Broadcast but accepted to Magazine. I'm confused and a little worried. I'm hoping it's a typo...I e-mailed them, so hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow.

Edited by zanzibar

I'm in the same boat, glad to see someone else worrying like me. :) I applied for the Literary Reportage program at NYU and haven't heard back either, so I think certain programs are just getting back to people slower than others.

Thank god!

A similar thing happened to me, I applied as a full time newspaper concentration and was accepted as a part-time student...Anyone else get this problem, is it just a typo?

I got a response from the Director of Admission. Apparently spaces were limited in broadcast (maybe in Newspaper too), and in my case, they wanted to offer me admission so they put me in a print track. So confused. I'm going to call later and talk to them, I guess.

I got a response from the Director of Admission. Apparently spaces were limited in broadcast (maybe in Newspaper too), and in my case, they wanted to offer me admission so they put me in a print track. So confused. I'm going to call later and talk to them, I guess.

Thanks for the update. I called right when they opened this morning and they asked me to call back on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I know they said that aid notifications would go out this week, which is killing me with suspense... anyone hear anything yet?

I got a mail from the admissions department saying they will begin notifying admitted students of their scholarship aid decisions via email "mid-week of April 4, 2011". hope this helps