Columbia Teachers College - Psychological Counseling M.A.

avas

I just got accepted into this program and have yet to hear about fin aid... but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything (good, bad, ugly) about this program. I live in another state and have not been able to visit or talk to anyone from the school yet, so I don't have a good sense of the program, other than what I've seen on the website. Any info is much appreciated!

I just got accepted into this program and have yet to hear about fin aid... but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything (good, bad, ugly) about this program. I live in another state and have not been able to visit or talk to anyone from the school yet, so I don't have a good sense of the program, other than what I've seen on the website. Any info is much appreciated!

I can't tell you much about the program, but I was wondering how you heard from them? (email, post, etc.)

I applied to the psychological counseling Ed.M and still haven't heard anything.

A friend of mine is in the program I applied to (so I know yours will probably be different) but I know Columbia in general is very multicultural. My friend's classes the first semester almost all had to do with cultural issues. She told me they're strict about the financial aid deadline, but I applied to it as well, and still not heard anything either.

The school itself is uptown Manhattan. If you'll be moving from another state I suggest getting a place somewhere in that area (if money is not an issue). Otherwise you might have a long and very obnoxious commute. I live in Staten Island so I know about commuting. I have to take either the ferry or a bus just to get into Manhattan, and then trek on the subway.

Hope this helps =/

I can't tell you much about the program, but I was wondering how you heard from them? (email, post, etc.)

I applied to the psychological counseling Ed.M and still haven't heard anything.

A friend of mine is in the program I applied to (so I know yours will probably be different) but I know Columbia in general is very multicultural. My friend's classes the first semester almost all had to do with cultural issues. She told me they're strict about the financial aid deadline, but I applied to it as well, and still not heard anything either.

The school itself is uptown Manhattan. If you'll be moving from another state I suggest getting a place somewhere in that area (if money is not an issue). Otherwise you might have a long and very obnoxious commute. I live in Staten Island so I know about commuting. I have to take either the ferry or a bus just to get into Manhattan, and then trek on the subway.

Hope this helps =/

Oops! I meant the Ed.M program, not the MA program. We applied to the same one - thanks for the info! I got my decision via email on Monday. I grew up in Manhattan, so am very familiar with the city itself, luckily...

Aside from the multicultural-ness of the program, has your friend said what aspects of the program she likes/dislikes? I'm so curious...!

Edited by avas

Oops! I meant the Ed.M program, not the MA program. We applied to the same one - thanks for the info! I got my decision via email on Monday. I grew up in Manhattan, so am very familiar with the city itself, luckily...

Aside from the multicultural-ness of the program, has your friend said what aspects of the program she likes/dislikes? I'm so curious...!

Oh okay. She's in her second semester so far and all she's said was that she likes it less than her first semester. But she did say that it might be because she's behind in one class. Something I did with one school I had an interview for was find people on Facebook who go there and message them. I found people in all different levels of the program who could tell me exactly what it was like. No program website will be able to answer questions that current students can.

Oh okay. She's in her second semester so far and all she's said was that she likes it less than her first semester. But she did say that it might be because she's behind in one class. Something I did with one school I had an interview for was find people on Facebook who go there and message them. I found people in all different levels of the program who could tell me exactly what it was like. No program website will be able to answer questions that current students can.

That's a great idea, thanks. Maybe I'm Facebook illiterate, but I can't figure out how to search for people by school/program. Have you heard from Columbia yet?

That's a great idea, thanks. Maybe I'm Facebook illiterate, but I can't figure out how to search for people by school/program. Have you heard from Columbia yet?

Still nothing from Columbia. But I'm ok with it, I already got into the program I really wanted.

The way I did it was typed in the school into the search and hit show more results. There were group pages with like "--- class of 2014." Then in the group I'd find some people and message them. I think out of like 4-5 only 1 replied. So keep that in mind.

You can also browse the forums until you find people who go there and message them.