News from UW Evans?

Sorry if this seems harsh, but I've got to be honest. Evans has been the least impressive in terms of this whole application process of all the schools I applied to. They didn't send any emails about notifications pending, and when I called the office they gave me a very very generic "decisions are forthcoming" statement which was pretty irritating. I don't know if it has to do with their tenuous budget issues/battle for independence, but the way they've handled this whole process has been pretty unimpressive to say the least. Is it just me, or did anyone else have a different impression of the school?

I agree with Nimesis. I read one or two posts from last year with the same issue.

It's too bad because I went into the process hoping Evans would be a school that I could possibly get some funding from and Seattle is a great city. But I'm quite skeptical at this point

I just got a call notifying me that I would be accepted and they were sending out packets, not sure if they are planning on calling everyone.

Just received a call also that I've been accepted. Packets are in the mail. I asked about funding but she said she didn't know the specifics.

Got my call today too. I'm also a little disappointed in the lack of communication from their admissions office... but I'm still planning on making a visit. Anyone else looking to visit during their open house days?

Got the call this morning at 830. I think this was a test to see who was hung over after St. Patty's day. They mey be rethinking my acceptence after that groggy phone call. More information will supposedly be here next week.

I'm in! Just got an email said I have been recommended for graduate admission beginning Autumn 2011. But I need to send some additional application materials to the Graduate School before 4/1/2011. no mention on funding. i suppose i won't get any...

Bless those who haven't got any news from Evans~~~

Hi, overtb! I have received my e-mail this morning and been told that I have accepted to Evans, but I still need additional ducuments. But anyway, I am so happy! You live in seattle? So can you tell me more about this city? Is it exacyly like I saw on Internet, that it has more than 200 cloudy days? Thank you !

I got the call as well. I live in Seattle, so I'll let you all know as soon as the packet comes in.

Anyone heard about when they will release funding information?

It vaguely says that we will be "notified" if we receive funding, but I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask them when that information will be released and/or if I received funding. I will report back tomorrow. Its very unlikely that I will be attending UW so I have nothing to lose bugging them a little.

It vaguely says that we will be "notified" if we receive funding, but I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask them when that information will be released and/or if I received funding. I will report back tomorrow. Its very unlikely that I will be attending UW so I have nothing to lose bugging them a little.

I tried harassing them today with phone calls and emails. Guess I'll take a break and let you take a crack at it :)

haha~~will wait for your information tomorrow~~

haha~~will wait for your information tomorrow~~

Sorry guys I tried. I called them and they said that the funding info will be announced "in the next couple weeks". I'm not sure that these generic answers are really winning them any favorability when people are making their decisions... Its pretty annoying actually.