Need Urgent suggestions. Please HELP me !

delon

Hello,

I got admission in Cornell MEng program (ECE). My undergrad major was wireless communication and I am planning to switch to computer architecture/embedded system. Though I'm US resident, I got my college degree from outside US. So, I don't have any work/internship exp. in US which is the worst side of my resume.

I am confused whether to enroll in Cornell or not because it's very costly and I have to take federal loans. It is a two semester (fall 2011 + spring 2012) program. So, I won't get the opportunity to do internship before graduation. Is that a HUGE disadvantage ? As far I know, Cornell MEng is highly valued in the industry and their job placement is great.

I have to take 50K loan (direct + PLUS loan) to fund my graduate study in Cornell. So, I want to do research as much as possible before taking the decision. I also got admission in USC and waiting for - Columbia, NCSU.

I would greatly appreciate if I get some advice from experienced seniors in this regard. I have to take the decision before April 15. Thanks in advance.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use