got into two amazing programs but which one???

lacultpop

I received an acceptance (with a scholarship) to the Master of Arts in Social Design at the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA). It is the program's inaugural year and I was really excited to get in - the program looks amazing. A few days later, I receive an acceptance to the New School for an MA in Media Studies, which is also an awesome program. New School also gave me a scholarship. Now I am torn - MICA's program is one year and really tempting but the New School is in NYC and to have the opportunity to live there, even though it is very costly, is equally as tempting. Friends aren't helping - they think of NYC, not of programs, and I need some advice on this...so, help??

I'm also waiting to hear from a few more schools, including Pratt.

Edited by lacultpop

I'm guessing that the program in NYC is 2 years, right? One year flies by really quickly, so I would pick the shorter program. The other thing to consider is to pick the program that will give you the most connections! After all, you'll probably need some income after you graduate! :)

Congratulations on the two great offers, by the way! laugh.gif

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use