Portland State University

kotkoda

Yep, I just accepted an offer into PSU's Sociology MA/MS program. Pretty excited, pretty nervous. I'm coming from Missouri, and I've never been to Portland, although everyone keeps telling me I'm going to love it. What about you, where are you from? Also, do you have any tips on finding good (cheap) housing in the downtown area?

Hi Patrick,

I am from Europe but I live in Minnesota now. I have been to Portland yes, but only once. I am flying out there for the Open House (and some other stuff) early April, too. We are thinking about maybe buying a house but we will probably look around for opportunities for rent. I can let you know what i find out. :)

-Sylvia

PS: It is a great city for sure!

Yep, I just accepted an offer into PSU's Sociology MA/MS program. Pretty excited, pretty nervous. I'm coming from Missouri, and I've never been to Portland, although everyone keeps telling me I'm going to love it. What about you, where are you from? Also, do you have any tips on finding good (cheap) housing in the downtown area?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm finishing my masters at PSU and am originally from the Midwest. Just expect people to be weird (think face tattoos and alternative hair colors).

Hello there,

Could you please tell me if there is any assistantship available in PSU for Masters? My wife got admission in the MS (thesis) program of PSU in ECE department from Fall 2011 quarter. She is from the signal processing background and contacted with Prof. Lisa Zurk for her NEAR Lab. Lisa initially was very optimistic until recently her reply is getting disappointing. Since, I have got a fellowship in the EE dept. of Stanford it will be much relieved for me that my wife lives in the west coast. Since I am an international applicant I can bring her using F-2 dependent visa but that I dont want to do in the first place because that will create a chance of her carrier not flourished in a way that it should be. Your thoughtful reply and suggestions will help me a lot since you are experiencing the Masters in PSU.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I'm late to this thread but I'm going to be starting the applied developmental psychology PhD program at PSU this fall! I'd love to chat with some other people who are going to be moving there cause I'm really nervous about moving to a city that I don't know anyone in, hah.