USC - Annenberg PhD

USC is the last program I have to hear from, and I'm a little confused as to how to interpret the silence. It seems like some people have already been admitted... At this point, is it safe to assume a rejection letter is on the way in the mail? Anyone have other updates?

The first round of acceptances went out in late February and those prospective students visited the campus earlier this month. Once those individuals accept/decline their offers, another round of acceptances will go out (any day now judging by information from previous years on the results board). I think it's in poor form to not at least send out initial rejections and inform others that they are on a waitlist (IMHO). Good luck!

I'm expecting a rejection letter, but their Admissions News page says:

Faculty admission committees continue to review completed applications; we expect to release all decisions by April 8. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hi, I'm new to the forum, got a email today from USC saying admission decision is mailed out already and I should receive it within 7-10 days, but I thought they gave decisions via emails. I guess I can only wait one more week to find out their decision...anyone else got more news?

Hi, I'm new to the forum, got a email today from USC saying admission decision is mailed out already and I should receive it within 7-10 days, but I thought they gave decisions via emails. I guess I can only wait one more week to find out their decision...anyone else got more news?

no email. one thing i can be sure though, is that they decline to give out decisions via email/phone. that's clear(though some early admits in Feb apparently got email notifications). but at this point, i'm not really counting on this school. GC data from previous years show that at this moment, all you get is pretty much a rejection letter.

no email. one thing i can be sure though, is that they decline to give out decisions via email/phone. that's clear(though some early admits in Feb apparently got email notifications). but at this point, i'm not really counting on this school. GC data from previous years show that at this moment, all you get is pretty much a rejection letter.

USC certainly has a very weird process, BU did the same thing but when people emailed them, they eventually released decision over email too, so here's hoping....

But yeah, rejection pretty much what I expect...though I just wanna know that they are rejecting me for sure before I make my final decision...because none of my other friends who applied to the same program got this annoying letter, it makes me even more nervous.

USC certainly has a very weird process, BU did the same thing but when people emailed them, they eventually released decision over email too, so here's hoping....

But yeah, rejection pretty much what I expect...though I just wanna know that they are rejecting me for sure before I make my final decision...because none of my other friends who applied to the same program got this annoying letter, it makes me even more nervous.

just got my notification email from annenberg yesterday. said the same thing as yours. so no panics.

• 3 weeks later...

just got my notification email from annenberg yesterday. said the same thing as yours. so no panics.

So have you guys received that letter? I got the same mail on April 1st, saying that I should expect an official letter from the Office of Graduate and International admissions but it has been 18 days... so I was wondering if you have received your letters :unsure:

So have you guys received that letter? I got the same mail on April 1st, saying that I should expect an official letter from the Office of Graduate and International admissions but it has been 18 days... so I was wondering if you have received your letters :unsure:

I received the rejection in the mail on April 6 (BTW, I'm in the U.S. Not sure whether that'd make a difference)

Edited by honeyclover

I received the rejection in the mail on April 6 (BTW, I'm in the U.S. Not sure whether that'd make a difference)

That makes a huge difference actually... I am an international student and I haven't received the official letter but they made "an exception" for me and told me that I was rejected by e-mail... Still no letter though... I guess it will arrive by the end of April <_<