Old Dominion PhD Acceptance

I noticed there is an Old Dominion PhD acceptance posted on the results board today (March 23). Would anyone like to claim it? Who notified you? Congrats.

That was me! Joyce Neff sent me an email about an hour ago. Alas, no funding for the first year, although in the email she says it is likely there will be funding for the second and third years. Thanks for the congrats!

That was me! Joyce Neff sent me an email about an hour ago. Alas, no funding for the first year, although in the email she says it is likely there will be funding for the second and third years. Thanks for the congrats!

Sorry to hear about the first-year funding problem. It looks like their program changed the curriculum a bit from last year (when I applied). I take it you would be attending on campus. I know someone who applied to be a part-time PhD student, but no word yet. Do you think all accepted students have been notified? My friend doesn't participate on this site, so if I can get any info that would give them peace of mind I'm happy to do it. Thanks for responding!

Sorry to hear about the first-year funding problem. It looks like their program changed the curriculum a bit from last year (when I applied). I take it you would be attending on campus. I know someone who applied to be a part-time PhD student, but no word yet. Do you think all accepted students have been notified? My friend doesn't participate on this site, so if I can get any info that would give them peace of mind I'm happy to do it. Thanks for responding!

I have no idea whether all accepted students have been notified, but I would assume so. And yes, they've changed their curriculum recently, I think within the last year or so. If I get any more info I will pass it along!

Is anyone declining ODU's PhD offer? Some applications are still under review and I think the department might be waiting to see how many offers will be accepted in the first round before deciding on the rest of the applications. So please, please, please let them know if you are not attending. I have a few offers but this school is my top choice and I can't make a decision unless they notify me soon. Thanks.

Is anyone declining ODU's PhD offer? Some applications are still under review and I think the department might be waiting to see how many offers will be accepted in the first round before deciding on the rest of the applications. So please, please, please let them know if you are not attending. I have a few offers but this school is my top choice and I can't make a decision unless they notify me soon. Thanks.

I'll be declining, and letting them know in the next couple of days. Good luck!