What and how to write?

aoi

Hi, because of my personal circumstance, I only applied to one school. Everything was going well in the beginning, but I messed up a relationship with a potential

advisor in the end. As a result? Well, I did not get in to the school. Some of my professors, who recommended me were well-known in the field and I really do not know how to report the incidence. I think a part of reasons why they recommended me was because they saw a good chance in me getting accepted. Could you please provide me some insight? Thanks.

So, you are asking whether or not to tell the result to the professors that recommended you? I think you definitely should. They took the time to write on you behalf, and I know professors like knowing what becomes of their students. Depending on your relationship with them, you might also want to tell them the reasons behind why (you think) you were rejected. Maybe they have some good advice or insight that will make you think differently about the situation.

Definitely tell them about your decision and ask them for their suggestions on what you could do to improve your chances (if you want to apply again in the future). It's important to maintain a relationship with your professors, because in academia you never know when you'll need another recommendation from them.

So, you are asking whether or not to tell the result to the professors that recommended you? I think you definitely should. They took the time to write on you behalf, and I know professors like knowing what becomes of their students. Depending on your relationship with them, you might also want to tell them the reasons behind why (you think) you were rejected. Maybe they have some good advice or insight that will make you think differently about the situation.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Definitely tell them about your decision and ask them for their suggestions on what you could do to improve your chances (if you want to apply again in the future). It's important to maintain a relationship with your professors, because in academia you never know when you'll need another recommendation from them.

Yes, that is true. Thank you for your reply!