help me from pain

hey,

I am an international student for a master degree. Right now I have two admissions from comparative literature department, one from U of Georgia, the other U of Connecticut. Both of them seem to be satisfying, I think. But it also directly leads to my dilemma of choice. Actually I have been struggling to make a choice for almost three weeks. :? Yet the more I consider, the more I am stuck in there.

Please make some suggestions for me.

I am sincerely waiting for your help.

Is weather a concern? Area of the country? As far as I know, Athens and Storrs are both impossible to reach by air and difficult to connect to other cities without a car. The Northeast and Southeast are very different culturally.

Thank you. :D

Yeah, though I havn't been to America before, I can guess the differences. But what is the differences anyway?

I don't see transportation as a priority, but culture, school study environment and teachers are of great importance. Will U of Conn be better because it is in New England and it is near Yale? And if I want to pursue PhD in that area, will it be easier ( since it is nearer) if I go to U Conn?

Thanks again

Thank you. :D

Yeah, though I havn't been to America before, I can guess the differences. But what is the differences anyway?

I don't see transportation as a priority, but culture, school study environment and teachers are of great importance. Will U of Conn be better because it is in New England and it is near Yale? And if I want to pursue PhD in that area, will it be easier ( since it is nearer) if I go to U Conn?

Thanks again

I feel that these questions are really dependent not upon location, but upon the professors that you study under and take your classes with. You would want to check departments and see who is reputable in your field of interest, identify a research interest/topic of study (tbh not sure if an MA in Lit would have a research proposal or project--I'm guessing because professors are expected to research you would) to write your thesis paper on which *interests* you, where a professor (hopefully of repute) shares that common interest.

This will make the big difference in where you pursue your PhD work...I guess if U Conn offers say, opportunities to take coursework with Professors from Yale University, that would open a window for you as well because you may get a chance to establish a facutly relationship and secure a recommendation.

I was accepted to and visited UConn. The campus is nice, with a lot of new buildings and resources. The surrounding towns are cute but small. Hartford is close by but didn't seem very interesting or lively. The winters in Storrs are intense. I visited during an snow storm that produced 18 inches....ultimately I have decided to go to Florida based on advisor quality...but the weather didn't hurt! I have heard that Athens is a very beautiful and culturally rich place, although it is smallish. Both universities are respectable. Good luck!

Thank you for all your experience.

I decide to go to UGA. Even the falcuty at UConn suggested me that their department was not a good choice for me to go :roll: ( there is no chinese studies for me to pursue and all is centered on european and amercian literatures and cultures).

Wish me good luck and is there anyone is admitted to this program and is actually going to UGA?

Thank you for all your experience.

I decide to go to UGA. Even the falcuty at UConn suggested me that their department was not a good choice for me to go :roll: ( there is no chinese studies for me to pursue and all is centered on european and amercian literatures and cultures).

Wish me good luck and is there anyone is admitted to this program and is actually going to UGA?

Congratulations! and good luck :D It's wonderful that the professors at U-Conn were so honest with you! I hope you enjoy your studies at UGA :D