Admitted Students: Have you heard from your program lately?

boringusername

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes until July. I haven't really received anything since the acceptance letter and such, most of which was emailed to me rather than sent as a hard copy.

I was told I'd get all the registration info in late august when I arrive for orientation week. Might be a good idea to email the Program Coordinator/Director and ask, that's what I did.

I've received emails regarding orientation, both from the graduate school and the department, but being an international student I was eager for the visa papers. After 2 emails without reply where I asked about the status of said papers I decided to write a registered letter - and lo and behold! - 3 weeks later the I20 arrives to my mailbox. Maybe it was just coincidence, or maybe a little bit of polite, soft pressure actually works.

As for health insurance, info came on the original acceptance package (though it didn't tell anything that I didn't already know). You can probably get all the info you need from the university's website.

I'll only register for classes during the orientation period, after consulting with my (potential) adviser.

I've sent the signed form accepting the TA offer, but i think that the details will only be settled once I get there.

And yeah, their silence does turn us a bit paranoid. But as long as you have an official letter of acceptance, you should be good.

Anyway, just reassure yourself by emailing/writing/calling them.

I've received two e-mails from the department clarifying when we're supposed to register for classes, picking an advisor, applying for housing and a university ID, and stuff like that. I don't know anything about when I'll get my stipend, though.