Acceptance lag for international students

Does anyone know if international students tend to get offers after nationals due to additional paperwork causing some delay? (please say yes, please say yes :unsure: )

I'm still waiting and seeking some reassurance :)

Hum actually, the administrative hassle is for later, when the graduate school reviews your credentials (but by then the dept should notify you of your acceptance), or when you accept the spot.

In my own experience, Internationals do get notified after the domestic students. I think that's also true if you look at the results page on this site for any specific programme (though it could just be the case for the ones I applied to). However, in saying that, I have heard from all of my schools.

But don't worry, as long as you haven't gotten a rejection, you're still in with a chance right? :)

at least in the US, international students studying or working or just living in the US are notified at the same time they notify american students. in other words, there is no distinction.

so maybe what you are saying is true if you are an international student not residing in the country where you applied for graduate programs.

It is true for some schools. I think some of them, due to funding, are trying to see how many nationals they could fit for the spots so they can spend less money... I am not sure about that though, but international students that are abroad do get notified later...

It is true for some schools. I think some of them, due to funding, are trying to see how many nationals they could fit for the spots so they can spend less money... I am not sure about that though, but international students that are abroad do get notified later...

I wasn't notified later. So, it seems like it depends on things we have no control over.

so maybe what you are saying is true if you are an international student not residing in the country where you applied for graduate programs.

Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear. I did mean international students who are not in the states.