UCSD IR/PS Funding

UNC2006

I am curious if anybody has received funding notifications from the IR/PS program at UCSD. They mentioned they would be sending notifications last week, but they also said that the week before as well. Any insight from past, present and future IR/PS students would be great.

I haven't even heard if I got in there yet, had an interview with them about a month ago. wth

I am curious if anybody has received funding notifications from the IR/PS program at UCSD. They mentioned they would be sending notifications last week, but they also said that the week before as well. Any insight from past, present and future IR/PS students would be great.

I sent my application in early January, but since then I haven't received any interview notification or updated news...

It's just like that I didn't apply the school...

I hope that I can know the decision in the end of March, no matter it's admission or rejection.

Have you heard anything about the fellowship awards yet? I've gotten no news yet.

I spoke to the admissions rep at IRPS yesterday afternoon - apparently the fellowship awards are running late - we should receive some sort of documentation next week.

I sent my application in early January, but since then I haven't received any interview notification or updated news...

It's just like that I didn't apply the school...

I hope that I can know the decision in the end of March, no matter it's admission or rejection.

same situation here

I know it's easier said than done because waiting sucks, but I don't think you guys should be too concerned. I'm sure you'll hear back soon.

I didn't get interviewed. I wonder if you guys got interviewed because you qualified for the fellowships. And maybe that's why your acceptance notification is delayed because they have more processing work to do.

or

Where are you guys from? I have nothing to back these possibilities up, but perhaps California residents get notified faster than non residents...?

Good luck! I hope you guys hear some good news soon! :)

Im from california! I met up with them in San francisco when one of their Adcom people came up to do interviews. I was told you were interviewed if you were right on the cusp of admittance or rejection. Whats weird is they have issued both to many people already....makes me kind of want to rule them out due to such poor communication.

I know it's easier said than done because waiting sucks, but I don't think you guys should be too concerned. I'm sure you'll hear back soon.

I didn't get interviewed. I wonder if you guys got interviewed because you qualified for the fellowships. And maybe that's why your acceptance notification is delayed because they have more processing work to do.

or

Where are you guys from? I have nothing to back these possibilities up, but perhaps California residents get notified faster than non residents...?

Good luck! I hope you guys hear some good news soon! :)

I apply for early decision and they told me that I am on waiting list around mid jan and i just got another message

Dear XXX, Thank you for your application to the School of International Relations and Pacific Studies at UC San Diego. The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and your file is currently waitlisted for admission. All applications will be revisited by April 15 for additional consideration. Please continue to follow our newsletter for up-to-date information on events and admissions. Thank you for your continued interest in IR/PS and UCSD. Kind Regards, The IR/PS Admissions Team

I dont think I will wait for them anymore....enough for UCSD

I got the same message and decided not to wait for UCSD, anymore!!!

I apply for early decision and they told me that I am on waiting list around mid jan and i just got another message

Dear XXX, Thank you for your application to the School of International Relations and Pacific Studies at UC San Diego. The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and your file is currently waitlisted for admission. All applications will be revisited by April 15 for additional consideration. Please continue to follow our newsletter for up-to-date information on events and admissions. Thank you for your continued interest in IR/PS and UCSD. Kind Regards, The IR/PS Admissions Team

I dont think I will wait for them anymore....enough for UCSD