New GRE and studying

Cass

Hi,

I want to take the GREs when they change in August, but I took a prep class that was based on the current form. Does anyone know if what I learned will still be relevant? Any advice on how to study for the new form? Will it really make that much of a difference?

Hi,

I want to take the GREs when they change in August, but I took a prep class that was based on the current form. Does anyone know if what I learned will still be relevant? Any advice on how to study for the new form? Will it really make that much of a difference?

I would check the GRE website where they have sample questions. (They also have software that you can download that can help you pepeare for the new GRE) (P.S. Its free :) )

If you have a strong grasp of the vocabulary words you will not have too much trouble with the new verbal section. ETS is focusing heavily on sentence completions and testing your ability to understand the context. Traditional form of memorizing all the vocabulary definitions won't help you as much. For quant, they are shifting their focus into more everyday math problem so less focus on geometry.

Edited by Teelee