[Biostat] U Arizona vs U South Carolina

survlong

I have been accepted in the Biostatistics Ph.D program in U Arizona and U South Carolina. Both two program have small size. They are far away from where I am living now.

I would like to know which program is better?

I don't know much about the biostatistics program at USC, but I'm from South Carolina and can tell you that I would never live in Columbia much less attend USC. The town itself offers nothing and the school is mediocre at best. The international business program is the only program (as far as I know) that is boast-worthy at USC. If I were you I would consider other options.

Go to UArizona. They have a top 10 ecology department where you can do top quality research

Also Tucson is a good city. i think it is much nicer than Columbia

The best way to describe Tucson is everyone has a fixed gear bike (for better or worse) haha

I'd be sure to ask about funding. Arizona is one of those states with a HUGE budget deficit and the state tries to balance the budget on the backs of the schools every year.

FWIW, I wouldn't take the opinions of just two people to tell you about life in Columbia. Both Columbia and Tucson have their pros and cons.