Persistent Impatience

btro

The last response I'm waiting for emailed me 2 1/2 weeks ago and told me: my application is being reviewed, they will contact me as soon as a decision is made, respond to the email if I had any questions.

Naturally, I responded that day with cheerful encouragement all but stating that I'm still very interested in their program, etc.

Do I just sit and wait? As if February and March weren't excruciating to start, now it's April!

Should I call/email? Should I just walk into oncoming traffic?

I've been interviewed twice by my program of choice. Last interview was over 2 weeks ago. The interviewer told me I'll hear a decision "very soon," but still nothing. I'm getting very impatient, but still hoping for the best.

Sometimes I debate whether I should contact the program administrator or even the interviewer himself to inquire about my status. So far I'm hesitatnt and I'm trying to wait for some more time. But it's already April! This particular school allows each applicant to choose two programs. So in case you're not accepted by your 1st choice, your application will be forwarded to your 2nd choice to be considered. Some posters on this forum already state that their applications have been transferred to their 2nd choice. On my status page, it says that I'm still being considered by my 1st choice program. So what could this mean? Will they accept me? I really hope so.

Good luck everyone :)

Edited by PhD Pharmacist

Walking out into oncoming traffic, at times, seems like it would be less painful than this process. I and a few others are still waiting for American University decisions and watching post after post pop up since March 14th declaring acceptance has been cause for great anxiety. We've learned that we're in the last batch of decisions and the general concern is that they are mostly or even all waitlists and rejections. This is probably the case. I've begun to prepare myself for the waitlist notice that I know I'll get this week. You're right to use the word excruciating, it fits fits this process perfectly. If you feel the need to email then you should. I didn't do it too often, but when I did, just the idea that I might get a little bit of information granted me a bit of relief.

This is not looking good! Two other people posted their results as being accepted via email this past Saturday. It's Wednesday! D:

This does not necessarily mean anything. Not all acceptance e-mails/letters are sent out at once! You might still get one, so don't give up at this point.

But the question I'm debating right now, as you state above, is: to call or not to call???

Wish you the best of luck. And to all those still waiting!

But the question I'm debating right now, as you state above, is: to call or not to call???

I'm getting SO impatient sad.gif

I emailed - and it didn't help! I got no info at all. Not a time frame for a decision and not a hint on a waiting list. I don't know what else I can do.

Considering contacting POI, although I feel I shouldn't, cause I'd be only doing it to resolve my own impatience and there's probably nothing they can tell me.

But on the other hand, it is getting really late and one POI practically promised they'll do what they can to get me in. Contemplating on whether to bother this POI... mellow.gif

Considering contacting POI, although I feel I shouldn't, cause I'd be only doing it to resolve my own impatience and there's probably nothing they can tell me.

This is exactly why I'm hesitant! The main reason I'll be calling is just because I'm growing very antsy. Is that a good enough excuse to bother them? unsure.gif

Edited by PhD Pharmacist