Concordia

raise cain

• 3 weeks later...

You mean this topic ;)

I don't know Concordia as much as I know McGill (and UdeM obviously). Have you made contact with a potential advisor?

AL

I thought you were in the Joint Communication PhD?

I already have a supervisor and job and all that lined up. =)

I am accepted but I start in september. I did my master at UdeM so I know people.

Oh that's fantastic. I guess we might be in some of the same classes. Do you know how many doctoral students they let in this year? It seems like a fairly large program...

Oh that's fantastic. I guess we might be in some of the same classes. Do you know how many doctoral students they let in this year? It seems like a fairly large program...

Well, each department chooses it's own students. I know that there were 6 places at UdeM and that possibly 3 people have declined. So it makes us 3 at UdeM... this is one university out of three. I would say between 12-15 per year for the joint.

Well, each department chooses it's own students. I know that there were 6 places at UdeM and that possibly 3 people have declined. So it makes us 3 at UdeM... this is one university out of three. I would say between 12-15 per year for the joint.

Oh wow that's huge! The other program I was considering only accepted three of us!

• 2 months later...

Hey! Great to see some folks here who will be attending Concordia. :)

I'm a PhD student in Political Science, going into my second year..

Would love to meet you folks once you make the move, if you're interested. My department's PhD program is TINY, and I haven't had the chance to meet PhD students outside my department (there aren't that many PhD students at Concordia anyway).

Edited by TheSquirrel