Umich vs Gatech

as54933

Hi guys,

I'm a student from India who has secured admission into the ECE/EE (tele)communications MS program at both Umich (Ann Arbor) and Gatech. The catch with Gatech is that I'll have to spend at least one semester at their campus in Lorraine, France. I will be able to shift to the campus at Atlanta the following semester. Now, for that one sem in France, I'll be paying in tuition fees and I can choose whether I want to shift at the end of the semester. I've also been informed that there's no difference between the degrees earned at either the campus at Atlanta, or the one at Lorraine. However, I have no idea whether the campus at Lorraine is as good as the one at Atlanta.

Also, for the field of electronics and communications, I was wondering how Umich and Gatech match up against each other. I need to make a decision real soon and I would appreciate any advice on the matter. Thanks!

You "have" to go to France? That's weird. I thought they'd make it optional. My concern would not be the difference in the quality of teaching. I'd be more concern about disrupting your research by leaving for France. I am assuming you are in research-based MS. If you are not in research-based MS, I dont think it matters if you only spend 3 semesters in Atlanta.

I am not familiar with your field, I think you can go to either university. Both are win-win choices :)

Congrats on the admit