Jump to content

Waiting until April 15th for a decision


Recommended Posts

Hi there. I applied to two schools for a masters (we'll call them A and B ).

School A let me know almost three weeks ago that I was accepted and needed to make a decision by April 1. The week of April 1 I emailed and was graciously offered an extension until the week of the 15th. I breathed a heavy sigh of relief but immediately called School B. They hadn't made a final decision yet and didn't expect to until April 14/15. To be honest, School B is closer to home and much cheaper, so that is why I am holding out for their decision. I feel terrible that I am making School A wait this long for a simple yes or no. I have called School B every Monday and Friday for the past 3 weeks (I'm positive they recognize me on caller ID now). I just want a simple answer, that's all.

So my question is, what should I do? Should I lay off? Should I keep calling? I don't want to come off as rude to them by calling so much, but I don't want to be rude to School A by making their department and some poor anxious student next in line on the waitlist wait until the last minute.

If any of you have advice, please feel free to offer it. This is my first time applying to grad school, so it's possible I'm just overreacting.

Edited by amaeru
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.