So where are you going?! (Fall 2011)

garbledy

I figure since April 15 is almost here, most people have made their decision. So where did you decide to go? What subfield? Was this your top choice? Or, have you decided to scrap grad school all together?!

I am 95% certain I am going to UMD for HCI. I haven't visited yet, so I will do that first before committing. If it ends up being terrible, I will accept the offer to Tufts. Georgia Tech was my top choice, but UMD was second so I'm very pleased!

Edited by meow

I am pretty sure you would go for UMD. You might even skip the visit ;)

Btw, I am headed to USC for PhD. That's the only admit I had so I have nothing to decide between.

I strongly believe that a top choice should always be the one where you would never get into, so mine would be MIT :D

Edited by frenzydude

I've finally decided on UMass Amherst, on the MS/PhD track. Really excited! Not sure what subfield yet, but I've talked a bit to one professor in data mining, so I'm leaning that way right now. Not sure what my top choice was, but I did an REU at UMass a couple of summers ago and really loved it, so I'm thrilled!

I figure since April 15 is almost here, most people have made their decision. So where did you decide to go? What subfield? Was this your top choice? Or, have you decided to scrap grad school all together?!

I am 95% certain I am going to UMD for HCI. I haven't visited yet, so I will do that first before committing. If it ends up being terrible, I will accept the offer to Tufts. Georgia Tech was my top choice, but UMD was second so I'm very pleased!

UMD is a great school for HCI. I'm headed to CMU for the same.

Washington University in St. Louis, Computer Vision or Graphics (Ph.D.)... we'll see. Finally managed to decide, although I've been set on WUSTL for months, other accepts kept coming and I had to consider all of them :)

I've not yet decided where to go. :(

I'm still on the waiting list of the University of Maryland at College Park (UMCP)'s CS PhD program.

If you are planning to join other programs or schools, please please decline your offer from UMCP ASAP...

I'm really longing to get admission from University of Maryland.

Cool, see you there :) What kind of theory do you like?

Approximations algorithms (well, any type of algorithm development) and metric embeddings are things I know I like, but I'd imagine that I'll be exposed to a lot more over the next few years. What do you do?

Probably going to UW-Madison. I'm pretty sure I will focus on machine learning or theory.

If anyone does not attend PhD program at UMass Amherst or Rutgers, could you please decline your offer since it's April 15 already and I will appreciate that a lot. I will also decline the offer from Ohio State so it may help some people here.

I am very unhappy with this year late results. I got rejections from Maryland today (via website - not email, April 15) and NYU 2 days ago (why did they wait until the deadline to give me a rejection?). Still didn't hear from UMich (they said that they have no timeline for decisions when I inquire about my application status) and Irvine. I know that the chance to get in this late is almost zero but still, why?

In any case, good luck to all of ya. We have good time, and bad time waiting together.

Edited by the poisoned pawn