Retaking the GRE to improve chances of funding?

NewbieGrad

I will be funded for the first 3 years but if I cannot get a TA (not guaranteed at my school) on my fourth year, I will need to seek funding else where. I noticed that people are no longer accepting GRE scores from fellowship applicants (EPA STAR and Ford) but other still do (DOE i think?). With my GRE score of 620V 610Q, should I retake my GRE while I attend grad school so my score can be competitive in the future? How much will your GRE score matter when you are already 3 years into your PhD program?

Thanks for your input.

I will be funded for the first 3 years but if I cannot get a TA (not guaranteed at my school) on my fourth year, I will need to seek funding else where. I noticed that people are no longer accepting GRE scores from fellowship applicants (EPA STAR and Ford) but other still do (DOE i think?). With my GRE score of 620V 610Q, should I retake my GRE while I attend grad school so my score can be competitive in the future? How much will your GRE score matter when you are already 3 years into your PhD program?

Thanks for your input.

So the NSF also no longer takes GRE. I would imagine that three years in most funding sources will care more about transcripts and writing samples than standardized tests. At least in my field, most of the dissertation improvement and completion fellowships are based solely on your essays and your record in graduate school.