U Mich-Ann Arbor or UCI? EE/ms

pocketlion

Hello! This is my first post on TheGradCafe, and I really need your advice.

I have applied for MS program on EE in USA and was accepted to both University of Michigan-Ann Arbor EE: system and University of California Irvine EE with no finacial aid.

In terms of academic ranking, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, ranks 7 in the field of EE, has a much higher rank than University of California Irvine, which is ranked 36 on EE.

However, I would like to work in the U.S after graduation and some people say it is much more easier to get a job in California for a graduate in EE and University of Michigan-Ann Arbor has poor employment status because of its location.

I would like to know is it true that the EE department of University of Michigan-Ann Arbor has a poor employment status and which school is better for my future development, when take my desire of working in the U.S after graduation into consider?

PS:I would like to work in Carlifornia or Texas after graduation.

Thank you for your help!!!

Edited by pocketlion

Go with UM. I recently visited for the MechE program. Fantastic people. I strongly doubt that going to UCI will increase your chances of employment in California over someone who went to school outside the state. Companies look for the best candidates, and pay top dollar to recruit them from around the world. Go to U of M. They are top ranked and absolutely great people.

• 2 months later...

U of M is probably the more established school, but engineering is no joke at UCI. Checkout the national fuel cell research center. And youll be living within 8 miles (not a bad bikeride) away from Newport Beach.......

Edited by kawasakiguy37

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use