SLP at Rush University

caffeinerd

So, I have been accepted to Rush and a couple of other schools for Speech-Language Pathology this fall, 2011. I liked most of them but I really cannot swing the tuition at certain schools . . . I also really want to work in a hospital, so I think Rush will be it for me! I am nervous about sending in that deposit. If anyone else is going/visited/wants to talk about it/wants to remain in the honeymooner phase as long as possible, I am game! B) I did visit during the Preview Day and was VERY impressed. Really looking forward to this.

Thanks to anyone that responds, and to everyone else that is deciding or still waiting to hear back (ugh, I know) I wish you all the best! Good luck!

So, I have been accepted to Rush and a couple of other schools for Speech-Language Pathology this fall, 2011. I liked most of them but I really cannot swing the tuition at certain schools . . . I also really want to work in a hospital, so I think Rush will be it for me! I am nervous about sending in that deposit. If anyone else is going/visited/wants to talk about it/wants to remain in the honeymooner phase as long as possible, I am game! B) I did visit during the Preview Day and was VERY impressed. Really looking forward to this.

Thanks to anyone that responds, and to everyone else that is deciding or still waiting to hear back (ugh, I know) I wish you all the best! Good luck!

I just sent in my deposit for Rush yesterday. I'm really excited! I was wait listed at Saint Xavier so there's a small chance that if I got in, I would go there and give up my deposit (only because it's cheaper). We'll see if that even happens.

• 2 months later...

I just sent in my deposit for Rush yesterday. I'm really excited! I was wait listed at Saint Xavier so there's a small chance that if I got in, I would go there and give up my deposit (only because it's cheaper). We'll see if that even happens.

I was just viewing this forum and want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You got into Rush and were waitlisted at St. Xavier for SLP?? How is that possible when Rush is ranked so much higher? I'm going to start applying later this year and am beginning to look at schools, specifically in the Chicago area. I would love to go to Rush - Congrats!

Why, hello! Yep, I will be at Rush in just a few short months. EEP :D Will you be at Orientation on the 22nd?

yay! i won't be going to the welcome event on the 22nd :( but if you're on facebook, you should join the group "Rush University SLP Class of 2013"

have you started looking into housing yet? ahh i'm so excited to start :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you dont mind what were your GRE scores, GPA, experience? I am interested in going to Rush but I'm not sure I have what they are looking for

i'm curious about the same too!

also, i was wondering about tuition and funding opportunities. does rush offer any assistantships that cover tuition partially or wholly?

Edited by trina