Harvard and Stanford grad student quality of life

xbomber88

So I'm trying to decide between Harvard and Stanford and I'm having such a difficult time. I think that Harvard and Stanford are more or less equally good in my field of study so quality of life at each school and how happy I think I'll be are going to play a huge part in my decision. Anybody know anything about these schools? I definitely prefer the laid back west coast vibe of Stanford and the beautiful weather there. But the thing that really worries me is that Palo Alto seems kind of boring. It doesn't seem like there is much to do there whereas in Cambridge it seems like there are a ton of things to do. Can anybody that knows something about these schools give me some advice?

Cambridge will definitely give you the big city living situation...there's tons to do here and it's a quick subway or bus ride to various parts of Boston over the river. In addition, it's a pretty easy trip out of the city to do things like hiking and skiing if you're into that sort of thing.

However, if you are very not into cold weather, it's something to think about. It will rarely ever get truly bitterly cold, but the winters are definitely cold, and it is windy here year round (the average wind speed each month is over 10mph). Also, I find the early springs to be grey, rainy, and depressing (but it seems that most people think I'm crazy in that respect), however the falls are vibrant and beautiful. So, something to think about.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use