Stanford EE PhD students

jhoon

Hi everyone,

I think most of us have responded to the admissions offers of Stanford by now. I am starting this thread so that we can get to know each other before we begin our studies. I am from Turkey and will be an Ms/PhD student with concentrations on signal/image processing and communications/networking. I am looking forward to meet at least some of you

I wasn't nominated for SGF. I'm still waiting on departmental fellowship, my guess is that they will notify at exactly April 22nd. The last date to decide is April 15th I think, have you responded yet and what's your funding situation?

Hi,

I am from Bangladesh. I have been offered admission to the PhD program of Stanford EE. My major is nanoelectronics. What is your funding situation?

Exactly same :) I was also offered that departmental fellowship for 3 quarters. I accepted too.

When do you plan to arrive?

I am not sure yet. Probably in the first or second week of September. Are you coming alone? You are a Turkish i guess... are you Muslim? Also I am married. So I am in a dilemma of whether I can come here with my spouse.