Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Do you know if it is the same for Turkey ETA? Also, a friend of mine who is a current ETA said they increased the number of ETA spots available. So thats good news :)

Another longtime lurker posting here - I am a finalist for a full grant to Turkey, and I just spoke with Rachel:she has no idea when we will know, but she speculates 2-3 weeks, and that they might have a better idea next week and that i could call back then to check (which I will do).

I called because I was just offered another fellowship(!!) for next year and need to make a decision soon. Rachel was very nice about it - knowing that a lot of folks are in similar positions.

And congratulations to all with good news this week! I am thrilled for all of you!!!!

Hey Spain ETA peeps... I just called Rachel and she said, "we will probably be announcing the grantees in the coming week." I don't know if that means this week (I hope, but probably not?) or next week... but still it's soon-ish!

Thanks for the info! So nervous! :/

Thank you lkjl.

I have to say, this forum has been the most positive forum experience of my entire life. I feel that I could be good friends with practically every I have come across.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't get the immediate acceptance, but I HAVE to believe you're high up on the alternate list. The Austria program is SO competitive and I think it's so awesome and amazing that you made it this far. Seriously!

Edited by lg702

Haha, Biz, you're the best! I really hope so; I was so surprised Rachel said "mid or late April" because in the past, Armenia has found out the first and second week of April. Hopefully it'll be soon! I just want to knowwwww!

Well according to Biz... maybe Belarus will find out when Armenia and Moldova find out.... mid to late April indeed! Do they understand the myocardial risks in making us wait?

Well according to Biz... maybe Belarus will find out when Armenia and Moldova find out.... mid to late April indeed! Do they understand the myocardial risks in making us wait?

Seriously! I'm pretty sure that the stress that this, along with other obligations and allergies, has caused is responsible for spasms in my neck and shoulders.

Hey Spain ETA peeps... I just called Rachel and she said, "we will probably be announcing the grantees in the coming week." I don't know if that means this week (I hope, but probably not?) or next week... but still it's soon-ish!

Thank you! Best of luck to you all.

Look out fellow Russia applicants. I'm a full grant winner! I found out 13 minutes ago by email.

It feels so good! I have been planning this for literally 5 years.

Congrats!!

I applied for South Africa but I'm a Russian minor, so the country has a special place in my heart.

Look out fellow Russia applicants. I'm a full grant winner! I found out 13 minutes ago by email.

It feels so good! I have been planning this for literally 5 years.

CONGRATULATIONS!! I have the email in my inbox right now, waiting till I get home from work to open it with my husband. SO EXCITED AND SO NERVOUS. I am shaking! Wish me luck :)

CONGRATULATIONS!! I have the email in my inbox right now, waiting till I get home from work to open it with my husband. SO EXCITED AND SO NERVOUS. I am shaking! Wish me luck :)

Good luck, Belafish! You have more self-control than I!

Accepted! ETA to Russia. Email came from Rachel at 3:22 p.m. It was in my spam so I'm glad I regularly check that! I'm still in shock and ridiculously excited. :D Now I want to know where in Russia I'm going!!

Thanks so much for checking for all of us who are anxiously awaiting... I dont' know how to interpret that either --- Does that mean THIS week... or NEXT week... or just sometime in the next seven days?!

Accepted! ETA to Russia. Email came from Rachel at 3:22 p.m. It was in my spam so I'm glad I regularly check that! I'm still in shock and ridiculously excited. :D Now I want to know where in Russia I'm going!!

I didn't get any email at all...does this mean rejected?

*edit to say this must mean rejection. Why would ETA and Full grant decisions go out at the same time, and everyone reporting on this board got a yes, if it wasn't divided by decision? great, another day at least of waiting to get bad news.

Edited by pelevinfan

Accepted for Research Grant to Russia! I found out when others did. I do linguistics research on endangered languages. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!

What time did you get the email, if you don't mind my asking?

I didn't get any email at all...does this mean rejected?

*edit to say this must mean rejection. Why would ETA and Full grant decisions go out at the same time, and everyone reporting on this board got a yes, if it wasn't divided by decision? great, another day at least of waiting to get bad news.

Did you check your spam folder? Maybe they're still sending them out. I wouldn't get too down yet - there's still hope!