Boston College MSW

boston87

I've been reading this forum religiously for the past few months, but I noticed that no one talks about BC MSW program. Does anyone know anything about? Is it a bad school? I thought it was a great program, and I was thinking to attending starting this September but I'm second guessing it now.

BC definitely has a good reputation. As far as I know, their MSW program has a strong concentration on international social work. If I got to know them earlier, I would apply to it. The only thing that can delay me doing so was the high tution price tag plus the living expences is also much costing

I've been reading this forum religiously for the past few months, but I noticed that no one talks about BC MSW program. Does anyone know anything about? Is it a bad school? I thought it was a great program, and I was thinking to attending starting this September but I'm second guessing it now.

hewhzw is right, they have an excellent global practice concentration which I applied to and was accepted. I can't really speak to the rest of the program but I know I would have gone if I had gotten more free money. Definitely an expensive school.

I don't think you should base your decision or second guess your decision based on (or lack there of) forum discussions. Just reflect on what made you decide to apply there in the first place. Did you get a chance to research the program? If not, contact or visit the school graduate office. They're very helpful. I personally think it's a great program because of the class size, majority of classes are taught by full-time faculty vs. adjunct professors, and internship variety is impressive. Also, many of the professors are actively involved in the community, so they practice what they preach.

Hi,

I actually attended BC for my MSW. They have a good clinical program as well as but if you are interested in macro studies go elsewhere. The classes for marco are limited. It is a great program and I would recommend it.

• 1 month later...

Dear AZMSW,

If you don't mind my asking, where did you end up going to graduate school? I was accepted in the MSW program at BC with the intention of applying to the global concentration. I"m hesitant about attending, due to the high cost of attendance. At your current school, have you found global courses or support to pursue a global agenda? I'm considering applying to a state university (Colorado), however, the program doesn't have any global/int'l msw courses. I'm interested in your thoughts.

Thanks!

hewhzw is right, they have an excellent global practice concentration which I applied to and was accepted. I can't really speak to the rest of the program but I know I would have gone if I had gotten more free money. Definitely an expensive school.

• 1 year later...

Id also like to see the continuation of this thread. I am interested in BC and other global focus schools, which seems to be rare and come with a very hefty price tag. I was accepted to BU with a substantial scholarship, and am finding out they have no internationally focused classes, which is a bit surprising since the two schools are considered rival schools.