While I'm not a senior poster here, I have done my fair share of research on admissions chances, with professors and fellow applicants. I think that you have every right to apply to Harvard with the background you've amassed. You've got a chance, and you should take it. To be honest, I would say the same even to an applicant with a slightly less impressive resume than yours.

It's not wise, however, after determining that you have a chance at a top 5 school to think of yourself as Deserving It. That's important to keep in mind, I think. There's a degree of fit (as well as some would say luck) that you won't have control over. You've done steps A-Y. You can be proud of that. But Z is out of your hands. Z is why we apply to more than 1 school. Which prompts my question to you: are you applying to enough schools? schools that aren't Harvard, but that you would be happy to attend?

Alone, your GPA would be dicey, but when you consider the entire package I think you stand a chance. Networking, in ivy admissions, is key.

ETA- to remove my spec about your school, as per your request...

But if it is the school I'm thinking of, I think you stand more than a chance. I have family who went there and were practically begged to join Harvard--faculty connections play a large part.

anyway, you only hurt yourself if you don't bother to apply.

Thanks a bunch, people. I appreciate all the advice given and it's nice to have some real opinions on the matter with how little information is readily available about one's chances on getting accepted to a program (though, I imagine it's fairly mutable). Anyway, thanks again and I -greatly- appreciate all the feedback.