havent got decisions till APRIL15 th

ah233

Guys....I am frm India...nd applied to grad schools (Chemistry Ph.D) of Wisc, Maryland, SUNY-Stony Brook, Texas A&M, Georgia Tech....got rejected at Wisc, Georgia Tech....its April 17 th and havent got any decisions frm Maryland, SUNY-Stony Brook, Texas A&M....am I waitlisted there ?? Do graduate schools actually waitlist applicants ?? I am already very confused...plzz help....if I am waitlisted, thn whn will I receive a decision ??

Edited by ah233

I'm an international applicant too and I haven't received anything from one of my schools as well. Yes it is common for grad schools to put applicants on waitlists, but you can never be sure unless they tell you (by e-mail or through their website, for example) or you ask them. I'm planning to e-mail this last program if I receive nothing by Monday to ask them about my status.

Good luck!

I mean if they havent contacted me yet......am I still in the picture...do I have at least 5% chance of getting admitted ??

I mean if they havent contacted me yet......am I still in the picture...do I have at least 5% chance of getting admitted ??

Maybe. You never know. Grad schools can be very unpredictable sometimes . This is why it is best to contact the program to find out.

I've heard several stories from people who said that they received offers long after April 15 because someone had declined their offer and they got accepted off a waiting list. One person even told me they got an acceptance letter in June! So hope is always there, and receiving nothing by April 15 does not necessarily mean rejection. Just call or e-mail them to see where you stand.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use