Berkeley GSPP 2013

Nimesis

Hi there,

I feel bad nobody responded to Nimesis' thread yet. So I thought I'll start.

Congrats to all GSPP '13ers! I am sure we all went through some serious decision making over the past few weeks (I sure did) and it feels good to finally know and get excited about it.

A couple logistical questions:

• Anyone else from SF who will be commuting to Berkeley on BART or across the bridge? Would be great to get a carpool together.
  • Does anyone know how the health insurance works? Couldn't find much on the GSPP website, would it be the same UCB campus-wide?

I will probably see most of you in Math Camp, which is supposed to start August 9.

Edited by compost&recycle

congrats on deciding -- i remember you had a lot of great options ahead of you.

Hi there,

I feel bad nobody responded to Nimesis' thread yet. So I thought I'll start.

Congrats to all GSPP '13ers! I am sure we all went through some serious decision making over the past few weeks (I sure did) and it feels good to finally know and get excited about it.

A couple logistical questions:

• Anyone else from SF who will be commuting to Berkeley on BART or across the bridge? Would be great to get a carpool together.
  • Does anyone know how the health insurance works? Couldn't find much on the GSPP website, would it be the same UCB campus-wide?

I will probably see most of you in Math Camp, which is supposed to start August 9.

I'm pretty excited too, although after all the stress/excitement of the last few months it seems like a weird lull is setting in.

Quicky question about the MyFinAid page--in my GSPP acceptance I was given a scholarship, but on MyFinAid there is nothing listed under the "My Gift Aid," and the "My Net Cost" is the full out of state cost. Is anyone else's GSPP scholarship not reflected on that page?

Edited by OnEdge

From what I understand, scholarships are not indicated on the FinAid page. In fact, you have to self-report it in one of the tabs so that your financial aid award package can be adjusted. I still need to contact Jalilah or someone at GSPP to determine how that self-reporting is done.

I got an email today that was probably sent out to all students who have accepted their offers indicating that they did receive the acceptance. Make sure you fill out the SIR online for the Berkeley graduate division as well.

• 2 weeks later...