Deferring loans?

neuropsych76

I've tried looking around the internet and even asking my school's financial aid department but I cannot get a strait answer for this question.

How exactly does deferring loans work for graduate school?

I have a couple loans (most subsidized, one unsubsidized) and there is a grace period to pay them unless I get a deferment (being a full time student which I will be).

But how long does this deferment last? I'll be in grad school at least 5 years. Do I not have to worry about payments or interest for 5 years? Or does it only extend my grace period?

Thank you for any insight!

I believe all loans will go into deferment as long as you are above half-time status. The Unsubsidized will accrue interest and the Subsidized I believe will not, but I might be wrong on that if you are going to grad school.

Either make interests payments from your stipend or take your federal subsidized and make the interest payments.

I f*cked up and consolidated so I think what were my Subsidized staffords, however measly the small amount I was awarded was, will accrue interest. Score 1 for me on the stupid chart!