NSF GRFP

timuralp

It's obviously out of their hands at this point. Would you rather they just cut it off right now with no more awards?

Obviously not. Though it looks like my prediction time of 8 AM today was almost close. :) Let the waiting game resume.

I got the rejection email too -- last name starts with B. Oh well. I wasn't that hopeful to begin with. I am looking forward to the rating sheets though to get some feedback. That will be much better than grad school rejections.

By the way, I love that Flight of the Conchords quote.

I'm going to the bar for a few. I figure it'd make the rejection less bad if it's here when I get home.

i think i did not get it because NSF does not like to fund medically-related projects and mine was pretty disease-related. I also kind of threw together my broader impacts...I guess I knew I had a strong feeling I would not get it all along.

So people who got their rejection or acceptance and are currently choosing schools, has it helped you make your decision?

I didn't get the GRF so I'm pretty sure I'll be going to University of Michigan for the CSE PhD program. I probably would have gone there anyway, so I'm not too upset!

Did those that won or got rejected all receive their emails around 1:30 AM? It seems the emails are not coming alphabetically by last name, at least. So I'm just debating whether to go to sleep or wait some more for more rejection letter. :P

Did those that won or got rejected all receive their emails around 1:30 AM? It seems the emails are not coming alphabetically by last name, at least. So I'm just debating whether to go to sleep or wait some more for more rejection letter. :P

You should wait :)

I got mine at 11:28PM (MST) or 1:28AM eastern