NSF GRFP

timuralp

I was hoping that it would be tonight. I'm defending my undergrad honors thesis tomorrow, and it would be a nice way to break the ice with "Hey, got NSF last night..." Although, now that I've expressed that dream out loud, I'm even more sure it won't happen...

Um... also, does everyone else no longer see the message about scheduled maintenance tonight?

I never saw it to begin with, just saw the note about it here. After all this waiting, nothing would surprise me anymore ... .except maybe getting an award :)

I never saw it to begin with, just saw the note about it here. After all this waiting, nothing would surprise me anymore ... .except maybe getting an award :)

"Welcome to the FastLane Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP).

Due to the complexity of the current budget situation, the 2009 GRFP awards will be announced in installments based on fields of study and other factors. The first installment is now available on FastLane. Awardees, as well as Applicants not recommended for funding, have been notified by email. Recipients of Honorable Mention and any additional Fellowship award offers will be forthcoming. Applicant ratings sheets will be available after all award announcements have been made. We thank you for your patience. "

rats in a maze.

lol, hasn't it been on/off for 2 months now?

As someone who checks to see if the "Request lost password" link on the rating sheet page works three times a day: no, it's just been on.

I will trust this once there is an email sitting in my inbox... Or once the awardee list updates.

Neither has happened.

Exactly. We've had enough false alarms by folks posting on this forum that I don't believe ANYTHING until I see the email, which I haven't.

Excellent.

I'm going to wait up until at least midnight, just to see if fastlane actually does go down--perhaps they've retracted their claim as noted by the "original" status on the website.

As a guest who has turned to this forum countless times to ease the waiting, I have finally registered to help us reach 200 pages. The hope is strong tonight.

I think 3000 posts is another excellent goal to consider.