NSF GRFP

timuralp

As there was a request: (What we really need to do is to get someone who has gotten it this year on here. And see if their log in page has changed, with a letter or accept/decline option posted.)

Using the trick from this morning (going to .../ratingsheets, clicking "forgot password," etc.), I was sent to a page with the following message:

Congrats! Would you mind sharing what your rankings were (all excellents.....). I am curious to know what the requirements this year are to actually get it. It probably varies by discipline though.

For those of you that were able to see your sheets this morning, was the set up that different from last year. I remember there being sheet but not acceptance status/percentile. Is this an entirely new system this year or was it like this last year?

I could then view my 3 rating sheets via links on the side, etc etc

When I try to access things now, I get the same closed message that everyone else has, and it appears that nothing is different about fastlane for me.

The ratings don't mean much. I don't get why applicants are so fixated on them. All excellents may not translate to a fellowship. Its dependent on the numerical score (from 1-50) each panelist gives you. A very good from a strict panelist might yield a much higher score than an excellent rating from another more lax panelist. Unfortunately, this internal number is not included in the rating sheet. You really only have comments to rely on (which is not much usually).

You are a few hours late on that one ;-)

Verily, thou art a thrice acursed fool. Thy piteous comments do beg mine quarterstaff to inflict upon you the same which it hath inflicted upon the many soldiers of Prince John. When the day doth come, and our righteous regent Richard Coeur de Lion returneth back to his subjects, thou shalt cower in fear, for the true servants of the king shall beset themselves upon thee. A black day for thee shall it be.

Thou couldst be doing homage unto thy liege. Forsooth, even he whom they call Little John doth know more than thee.

i don't understand what you're saying :/ this could be why i don't like reading shakespeare...

The ratings don't mean much. I don't get why applicants are so fixated on them. All excellents may not translate to a fellowship. Its dependent on the numerical score (from 1-50) each panelist gives you. A very good from a strict panelist might yield a much higher score than an excellent rating from another more lax panelist. Unfortunately, this internal number is not included in the rating sheet. You really only have comments to rely on (which is not much usually).

I didn't know that's how it works. If so, this process is just screwed up, and entirely unfair.

I think he's starting to crack.

Thy words art like the serpentine words of the evyl Sir Guy of Gisborne, and art poison to the ears of the good inhabitants of this land. Back thee, into the darkness from whence thou came.

Verily, thou art a thrice acursed fool. Thy piteous comments do beg mine quarterstaff to inflict upon you the same which it hath inflicted upon the many soldiers of Prince John. When the day doth come, and our righteous regent Richard Coeur de Lion returneth back to his subjects, thou shalt cower in fear, for the true servants of the king shall beset themselves upon thee. A black day for thee shall it be.

there's no place for insults here, olde english or not. isnt friar tuck supposed to be a chill guy?

There are two ways to log into see ratings. I wonder if there is a way to find a link that works. It seems like most links just bring you to /ratingsheets/closed. If only there were away around closed.

I was wondering this, and I messed around with it for awhile. I am not very savvy with this stuff. Is there a way to get around the redirection, since this seems to be the problem?

I know, I'm stretching here, but it's killing me not knowing, but in the source code for the applicant page at nsf there is:

I didn't know if someone wanted to play around and see if they could get something to work....I figured it may be worth a try but I'm not much for computers.

I'm starting to think it's just a big joke. They're not giving out the awards this year, and somewhere down in the Caribbean the NSF people are living it up like kings.

yeah ... seriously ....

between this and studying for my comprehensive exam ... the ridiculousness is increasing by the day.

When you log in it says this

Application Package Task List

Application Package Optional Task List

View/Print Application

Download Request for Payment of GRE Subject Test Fee

Check Application Package Status

If you view the source for this page, does everyone's have this line:

hrd-welcome-applicants.gif

Does anyone understand why in the beginning of the line it says "welcome-applicants" and then afterwords "welcome fellows"??

I see that fellow thing in my html as well. I am pretty sure I won't get an NSF fellowship since I got rejected completely from the NDSEG as an electrical engineer. So yeah, that won't mean anything significant.

I see that fellow thing in my html as well. I am pretty sure I won't get an NSF fellowship since I got rejected completely from the NDSEG as an electrical engineer. So yeah, that won't mean anything significant.

why do you say you wont get nsf? ndseg is much more selective....