NSF GRFP

timuralp

How are you able to apply 4 years in a row?

I thought you could try two years... maybe three if you wrote an extra one page essay.

well, i applied to grad school 3x. and now i'm a first year. i wasn't in school those three times, except the first time when it was my last year of undergrad.

Plus I don't think anyone needs two more pages about the merits (or lack thereof) of said pestering...

Whease, I think we can all agree to that.

Also, for another, albeit less original, attempt for the "Price is Right" technique, 1:48 PM Thursday and 91 pages. (Although I really am desperately hoping for Wednesday at 9 AM). :)

I think they will want to send the letters out in the early am.

That way all the server IT people can be there for the load of people checking, and the call center can have all day to take calls from people.

Baring any bugs leaking the results, if they don't release it before lunch on a particular day it will not be released that day.

I'm betting on Thursday, though I could never get the hang of Thursdays. Tomorrow would be too obvious, and Friday a bit smarmy. Of couse they could throw in the classic Austrian Roundabout and go for next monday. That's the oldest trick in the book...

I have been one of the many "guests" watching the thread, but I decided I'd get in on the fun. Mostly I'm too lazy to log into fastlane myself with all those letters and numbers and such I have to type in so I'm going to see when all the frantic people on this board find its been posted.

So this question was probably already answered in this enormous thread, but if you are awarded the GRFP (which I am not all that optimistic) can you defer it for a year? I have been offered a first year fellowship at one of my top choices and it would be nice to be able to keep that the first year and do NSF after that.

I'm betting on Thursday, though I could never get the hang of Thursdays. Tomorrow would be too obvious, and Friday a bit smarmy. Of couse they could throw in the classic Austrian Roundabout and go for next monday. That's the oldest trick in the book...

I have been one of the many "guests" watching the thread, but I decided I'd get in on the fun. Mostly I'm too lazy to log into fastlane myself with all those letters and numbers and such I have to type in so I'm going to see when all the frantic people on this board find its been posted.

So this question was probably already answered in this enormous thread, but if you are awarded the GRFP (which I am not all that optimistic) can you defer it for a year? I have been offered a first year fellowship at one of my top choices and it would be nice to be able to keep that the first year and do NSF after that.

Yes, you have 5 years in which to use the NSF award, and you can defer it for any two of those years.

Note: negotiate on deferring the NSF with your school before you enroll. I have a friend who was required to use it instead of his first-year fellowship.

Note: negotiate on deferring the NSF with your school before you enroll. I have a friend who was required to use it instead of his first-year fellowship.

Yeah, it would sure be swell if we had time to get that type of thing straightened out before April 15th, wouldn't it?

thing saying 2009 fellows are not available on list of names is gone

not for me...

2009 Offered Award List

* The list of Awardees and Honorable Mention recipients for the year you have selected is not yet available.

The 2008 list is available again.

ARRRR, matey, thar be great promise in what ye be sayin'. Yet if ye be a lubbardly cove who do be tryin' to cause alarm, ye had best take care, lest I do ye a mischief. Me cutlass do be ready to cleave yer cowardly skull in twain, if ye be the bilge rat which I do suspect.

ARRRR, matey, thar be great promise in what ye be sayin'. Yet if ye be a lubbardly cove who do be tryin' to cause alarm, ye had best take care, lest I do ye a mischief. Me cutlass do be ready to cleave yer cowardly skull in twain, if ye be the bilge rat which I do suspect.

:) Only mean to point out what is happening. I appreciate others doing the same. As always, thank you for your commentary, blackbeard.

The longer we wait, the more unrealistically optimistic I become.

really? the wait has the opposite effect on me: I get more and more resigned to receiving bad news so care less and less (but obviously still care enough to check on here, lol).