NSF GRFP

timuralp

Angry Mob Time! Get 'im! That'll learn him to share potentially useful information! :evil:

edit: feel free to swap pronouns as necessary. This is an equal opportunity scape goating

Instead of stalking this forum and attaching our fellow applicants, who wants to go to DC and tackle the source of the problem? Imagine 1000s of us angry grads outside of the NSF headquarters ......................

no, i think superchuchubu got our hopes up....

Verily, it doth be seemly that this harlot ought burn for her iniquitous behaviors and wicked disposition. For though I be a man dedicated to peace and goodness, verily there doth be true evyl in this world, incarnated in the treacherous body of Superchuchubu. Death shall come to this evildoer upon silent wings, with a fury which shalt surpass that of Prince John, Robin Hood, and the most deadly Guy of Gisbourne. Arise o people of the Grad Cafe! Death to Superchuchubu! Fie upon her evyl behaviors! Forsooth! Tis an injustice that we art so trusting of this soothsayer! Let the fire be lit and the pitchforks sharpened!

Verily, it doth be seemly that this harlot ought burn for her iniquitous behaviors and wicked disposition. For though I be a man dedicated to peace and goodness, verily there doth be true evyl in this world, incarnated in the treacherous body of Superchuchubu. Death shall come to this evildoer upon silent wings, with a fury which shalt surpass that of Prince John, Robin Hood, and the most deadly Guy of Gisbourne. Arise o people of the Grad Cafe! Death to Superchuchubu! Fie upon her evyl behaviors! Forsooth! Tis an injustice that we art so trusting of this soothsayer! Let the fire be lit and the pitchforks sharpened!

absolutely!

i think i'm gonna miss this once we've heard...

All this news of pending notification has made me wonder what I will be doing with my time instead of checking this forum all the time (yup- I'm a lurker). I have come to the following conclusion:

If I get the award:

Freak out -> grin like a fool -> realize all I need to do now after all this procrastination -> drink out of stress and celebration ^_^

If I get rejected:

Freak out -> cry -> realize I'm broke and still have a ton to do -> drink out of stress and celebration (of finally knowing).

If we don't find out

Freak out -> check forum ->check email -> repeat until too stressed -> drink out of stress

Maybe I'm just a lush.

All this news of pending notification has made me wonder what I will be doing with my time instead of checking this forum all the time (yup- I'm a lurker). I have come to the following conclusion:

If I get the award:

Freak out -> grin like a fool -> realize all I need to do now after all this procrastination -> drink out of stress and celebration ^_^

If I get rejected:

Freak out -> cry -> realize I'm broke and still have a ton to do -> drink out of stress and celebration (of finally knowing).

If we don't find out

Freak out -> check forum ->check email -> repeat until too stressed -> drink out of stress

Maybe I'm just a lush.

... you mean you're not already drinking? ::swig::

last night my boyfriend said you're getting the fellowship. i was like WHAT?! HOW DO YOU KNOW?! and he said i don't, i have alot of faith in you. and i completely flipped out on him telling him that he shouldn't say i'm getting it when he had nothing to back that up. that he should say i think you should get it, not imply that i am!

he totally didn't get why i freaked.

"FastLane will be unavailable Thursday, April 9 from 11:00PM ET until 1:00AM ET on Friday, April 10 for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience."

my guess is we'll know tonight.

"FastLane will be unavailable Thursday, April 9 from 11:00PM ET until 1:00AM ET on Friday, April 10 for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience."

last time scheduled maintenance was nothing

There it is! Definitive Proof of the intended time of announcement! We all know that Fastlane has not gone down ONCE in the past few weeks, so obviously this downtime must mean they are posting results. Whew! It feels good to know that.