where can i get in??

fargond5429

I am a junior at a large, prestigious liberal arts college looking to obtain a PhD in biomedical research/pharmacology/biological sciences after I graduate. I am a biochemistry major and spanish minor and don't know which universities to apply for because I have no clue what my chances are of getting in to where...

my GRE scores are 760Q 600V

3.56 GPA

1 semester psychology research at my school

1 semester biology research at my school

1 summer immunology research at my school

2 summers paid full time cancer cell research at indiana university school of med

1 semester ebola virus research at my school with professor who worked at CDC

i have been on a medical mission trip to ecuador with a non-profit i volunteer for and am a college athlete

letters of rec from two of my research advisors and my academic advisors (not worried about this)

places i have looked into include: IU indy, vanderbilt, WashU, northwestern, U of chicago, and illinois

what are my chances of getting into these and possibly other top ten schools?? Any suggestions on good schools?? THANKS!

Edited by oscar893277

Your stats looks solid to me! The GPA is the obvious weakness but your good GRE scores and research experience should compensate for that. Purely my opinion, but I bet you would get into the "good but not elite" state schools with no problems with what you have now...assuming you interview well :)

Adding a publication and good scores on subject GRE will put you over the top to get into the more prestigious programs.